• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Walkers pace though is more of a threat than trippiers slow crosses

Had this whole conversation with Rose and Sissoko, I really dont agree.

Pace isnt worth a thing if you dont do anything when that pace gets you in position. Something Walker, Rose and Sissoko so often fail at.

Aside from which, and early and accurate pass (something Trippier has proven very good at, even if we havent seen it this year) trumps running with the ball every time.

Pace isnt worth a thing if you dont do anything when that pace gets you in position. Something Walker, Rose and Sissoko so often fail at.

Aside from which, and early and accurate pass (something Trippier has proven very good at, even if we havent seen it this year) trumps running with the ball every time.

So you defend Trippier and slate Sissoko! Interesting.... Are you sure you are not stuck in a 2017 time warp?

So you defend Trippier and slate Sissoko! Interesting.... Are you sure you are not stuck in a 2017 time warp?

On this seasons form, there is no defending Trippier.

He has proven in the past to have more to his game though, something I qualified.

And its been a very long time since Ive 'slated' Sissoko, keep reaching though

A great pass is always quicker than a runner

But a runner opens space for others

Your harking back to vintage trippier but I’d add that he was used and most effective against weaker sides

What people have forgotten is he played first league vs city and played very well

There is no way that Walker would get in Emirates Marketing Project's team if he couldn't do anything with the ball. The one thing above everything else that Pep wants is players who are comfortable on the ball.

A great pass is always quicker than a runner

But a runner opens space for others

Your harking back to vintage trippier but I’d add that he was used and most effective against weaker sides

What people have forgotten is he played first league vs city and played very well

As I said, we really havent seen it this year - but he does have it in him.

His crosses can be really good but I always liked his early balls in the channel etc. Showed good vision as well as technique.

he has had a handful of decent games this season, but lets be honest - he has been one of our worst performers by a distance.

There is no way that Walker would get in Emirates Marketing Project's team if he couldn't do anything with the ball. The one thing above everything else that Pep wants is players who are comfortable on the ball.

Yet to see it.

In years with us his limitations were obvious, and from what Ive seen since its hardly like he has suddenly developed.

I think he is there to stretch teams and afford the like of Silva room to play. His running, not his football.

Whenever I see him on the ball he gives it short and thats it.

Yet to see it.

In years with us his limitations were obvious, and from what Ive seen since its hardly like he has suddenly developed.

I think he is there to stretch teams and afford the like of Silva room to play. His running, not his football.

Whenever I see him on the ball he gives it short and thats it.
There are better right backs in World football.... Unfortunately Trippier just isn't anywhere near one of them.

Full backs with pace change the way both teams play. Trippier's starting position is about 40 yards behind Walker's because the latter know's he can make it back.

If you're a possession based team playing against a low block having basically two extra attackers opens up so many different attacking options, you also have less fear of getting done on the break. It's the one position (in the modern game) where you can get by having lower technical ability if the physical ones are great.

RB should be our number one priority this summer, i would hate to see Trippier play as our starter next season.

FB's are so key to the way we play as well, much of our width and pace comes from them. We look a much better team when we have the pace to stretch teams out wide, at the moment we move the ball too slowly and become too predictable. Tripper will never cross first time and always checks back, I know he doesn't have the pace to burst past anyone but it seems like he doesn't have the aggression or drive to even try something at times.

Back