• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

It's awareness. He is a bit of a ball watcher and seems oblivious to the runs off him. This can be coached but I'm not sure any coaching would take this late in his career. Poch needs to bench him IMO. Anything else now would be compounding the error.

Could not agree more, for a player of his age to have those basic faults in his game is not good. If Aurier is not going to be given a run in the side then our priority this summer is a RB.

I find it hard to pile on Trippier after that result, but last night Sterling and Silva were pulling him all over the place with him often choosing the wrong option to mark, you could say he needed better protection but then that's his job to co-ordinate with the midfield and defence this seemed to take a whole 45mins to accomplish (Poch most likely fixed this), after which he was more steady.

He operates much better as a wing-back when he doesn't have to rely on his defensive positioning than a right-back, but he still needs to offer no more than a backup option to the starting eleven next season.

I find it hard to pile on Trippier after that result, but last night Sterling and Silva were pulling him all over the place with him often choosing the wrong option to mark, you could say he needed better protection but then that's his job to co-ordinate with the midfield and defence this seemed to take a whole 45mins to accomplish (Poch most likely fixed this), after which he was more steady.

He operates much better as a wing-back when he doesn't have to rely on his defensive positioning than a right-back, but he still needs to offer no more than a backup option to the starting eleven next season.

Yet ultimately he got the assist for the all important goal

Even as a wing back he falls short of the required standard though given that he doesn’t stretch the opposition full back and get to the byline.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

After the World Cup his stock was high and he's struggled since then, maybe after a nice break and a chance to review his play he might be better. I personally don't think he was that much out of position for the first goal, he was tucked in as he should be and moved over, getting close to Sterling with out cover is stupid, he was just caught out like the team were.

No-one beat Walker one on one. No-one. Trippier gets skinned for fun and sits so far off his man that they have all the time in the world to measure a cross or shoot. Walker is decent positionally and tactically. He was part of a solid back four with us and is part of one with City. His problem was always giving the ball away stupidly, and it still is now.

No-one beat Walker one on one. No-one. Trippier gets skinned for fun and sits so far off his man that they have all the time in the world to measure a cross or shoot. Walker is decent positionally and tactically. He was part of a solid back four with us and is part of one with City. His problem was always giving the ball away stupidly, and it still is now.
Saying that, first leg try never went past trippier that i remembered
He dealt with everything really well
Yeah at the brickihad it was different I agree but we were under the cosh right from the start

After the World Cup his stock was high and he's struggled since then, maybe after a nice break and a chance to review his play he might be better. I personally don't think he was that much out of position for the first goal, he was tucked in as he should be and moved over, getting close to Sterling with out cover is stupid, he was just caught out like the team were.

That close to goal, he’s got to get out and give Sterling something to think about. He just stood off and made it easy for Sterling. It was really gutless defending. He did play very well in the first game and in the second half the other night. But he was dreadfully poor for the first goal.

For our second goal, Eriksen boomed an incredible pass out to Son IIRC... Walker stood off and Son had plenty of time to take a touch, come inside and bend one past the keeper.

Not dissimilar to the Sterling goal. Both defences were out of shape, both attackers are adept at cutting inside and smashing it in the far corner.
For the 2nd Son goal, I think some credit also has to go to Dele for his run. This meant Walker had an added distraction which allowed Son an extra second to set himself.

Back