• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

if England can get to the semi's is he in the golden ball conversation?
I'd say he would be in the conversation. But if France progress and play more like they did against Argentina vs their group games, I could see someone like Mbappe getting it.
Imagine if England had both the Golden Boot winner and the Golden Ball winner. Imagine then if they were both Spurs players!

I'd say he would be in the conversation. But if France progress and play more like they did against Argentina vs their group games, I could see someone like Mbappe getting it.
Imagine if England had both the Golden Boot winner and the Golden Ball winner. Imagine then if they were both Spurs players!
Shhh! Don't tell the pikeys!

To be fair that Mbop fella looks the dog's gonad*s. His stride for the first goal against Argentina was just ridiculous; it was like seeing Usain Bolt running. Only this kid can play football too. With all the hype he's getting, I can't see him not being awarded some way or another.

So far Trippier has performed as expected imo, not that different from how he plays for us. Brilliant going forward and delivering balls into the box. But as much as I like him, I won't get carried away until I see him tested defensively. That was always my issue with him for us. Agree though that he thrives when we have a back 3.

So far Trippier has performed as expected imo, not that different from how he plays for us. Brilliant going forward and delivering balls into the box. But as much as I like him, I won't get carried away until I see him tested defensively. That was always my issue with him for us. Agree though that he thrives when we have a back 3.

Imagine if England had Rose doing the same thing from the other wing. Anything overhit would get collected and returned with interest.

And that was a deflection vs Villa
Ah, well remembered.
Yes we all know Trips can be made to look dogbrick by tricky wingers like Sane but fortunately those occasions are rare enough.

Other than that I'd say he's more than decent defensively. Besides even the best have their weaknesses: Walker his brainfarts, Verts, slow on the turn, Toby off the boil since injury etc etc, so I say let's sign up for it and revel in his strengths going forward. He must surely be ranked among the world's top RWBs currently.

Ah, well remembered.

Yes we all know Trips can be made to look dogbrick by tricky wingers like Sane but fortunately those occasions are rare enough.

Other than that I'd say he's more than decent defensively. Besides even the best have their weaknesses: Walker his brainfarts, Verts, slow on the turn, Toby off the boil since injury etc etc, so I say let's sign up for it and revel in his strengths going forward. He must surely be ranked among the world's top RWBs currently.

He dealt with the columbian attackers really well and they were no slouches

He has improved a lot defensively

He dealt with the columbian attackers really well and they were no slouches

He has improved a lot defensively

He did and he has playing 3 C/B does help him to be able to do that, not sure he would be as strong or as good at defending if it was a back four.

But so far he has been great and along with Maguire has been our best player.

He will have so much confidence for next season. He established himself as first choice for us last season and is now having a great World Cup. Think it might mean Aurier gets sold and we have KWP as Trippier's understudy.

He did and he has playing 3 C/B does help him to be able to do that, not sure he would be as strong or as good at defending if it was a back four.

But so far he has been great and along with Maguire has been our best player.

I agree, I think being a wing-back with a back 3 suits him much better than being the full-back in a back 4.

He will have so much confidence for next season. He established himself as first choice for us last season and is now having a great World Cup. Think it might mean Aurier gets sold and we have KWP as Trippier's understudy.

That really wouldn’t be the worst thing

It's a shame because I think Aurier has potential if he can learn to be more measured. But Trippier has clearly outperformed him - to my surprise.

Back