• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I rate Trips more than many on here but a fee towards the top of that range would be very tempting with KWP ready to step up.
I was chuckling yesterday morning when I first read it, at the thought of getting £20m - rising to £40m - for Trippier....

Then VVD happened, and now I believe he’s a £100m player!

I really like him and see a role for him here.
But if he does want to go and get consistent game-time and we can get ten times the money we paid for him at his age with Aurier and Walker-Peters already in the squad, it's surely better to do it now. Can't see us getting similarly sized offers in a year or two.
And if KWP really isn't ready, I trust us to buy a reasonable replacement with those funds in the bank.

So we are selling the English core to bring in foreigner. Not the best plan in all honesty.

So we are selling the English core to bring in foreigner. Not the best plan in all honesty.
Who said we're bringing in a foreigner?
KWP may well be promoted.
A foreigner could slot in very well into the culture under our coach.
Or this rumour may be trash and Trips will happily stay.

It was definitely the best performance I've his I can remember. However Martial wasn't tracking back, which did give him a bit of a free pass.

I think that both Trippier & Davies are so much more than 2nd choice players now, and credit to them both for reaching that level. It's getting to the point where there's no discernible drop in quality when Poch chooses to/has to rotate.

When I also look at Foyth's recent performances and the fact we have Winks, Wanyama and Lamela waiting in the wings ready to step back into the starting XI on a regular basis it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. A bit like Ben/Danish must feel when he's in the custard aisle in Lidl.

Plus we haven't even seen Lucas strut his stuff for us yet.

Happy days!

Back