• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

So what's the contrarian view on Jenas opinions? You've gotta believe Poch has factored page into deciding what he absolutely needs in a full back, especially to go offering new contracts to them. So I'd love to see the explanation of what Poch wants from us as a difference with these different types of players. It must be something, because he isn't going to expect Trippier and Davies to play the exact same way.

So what's the contrarian view on Jenas opinions? You've gotta believe Poch has factored page into deciding what he absolutely needs in a full back, especially to go offering new contracts to them. So I'd love to see the explanation of what Poch wants from us as a difference with these different types of players. It must be something, because he isn't going to expect Trippier and Davies to play the exact same way.

It's just easy to jump on success and failure when it comes to media. Go with what's safe.

I'm sure he was lauding Poch last season for having the ability to bring in the likes of trippier during big games.

We do need pace, but that can be made up by a rapid player infront of you a little like davies and son. Very poor and simple analysis from a usually quite decent listen.

Since the rose debacle jenas has been a bit more critical imv.
We do lack pace, but look at Liverpool, pace right through the team yet they struggle when teams do what Chelsea did.
Pace isn't the answer to everything.

We do lack pace, but look at Liverpool, pace right through the team yet they struggle when teams do what Chelsea did.

No, but it is an issue for our team currently.

It's more important to be able to move the ball quickly than just have players that can run really fast. That's how you create openings.

I like the fact that we don't come out at 100mph at kick off, but take our time. However, conceding a sloppy goal as we did against Chelsea makes everything so much harder because it allows them to pack their penalty area and stop trying. Pace won't do much for us in those situations.

As I said, it is.
Also, we have a poor record against Chelsea even with rose and walker, so I don't see how his point stacks up.
Lazy, I've come to expect better from jj.
Wiggy has outsmarted Poch in the same way at least twice now, I think more.

He sets up against us to pack the middle and sit very deep, encouraging us to use the channels and lump balls in from wide, like a team of Pulis thugs. We (and especially Trippier) were more than happy to oblige. On the few occasions where we drew them out and played through the middle, we were dangerous.

It's not a problem with Trippier per se, unless one of the major reasons he's in the team is his crossing ability. If so, then it's a problem with both Trippier and Poch.

Wiggy has outsmarted Poch in the same way at least twice now, I think more.

He sets up against us to pack the middle and sit very deep, encouraging us to use the channels and lump balls in from wide, like a team of Pulis thugs. We (and especially Trippier) were more than happy to oblige. On the few occasions where we drew them out and played through the middle, we were dangerous.

It's not a problem with Trippier per se, unless one of the major reasons he's in the team is his crossing ability. If so, then it's a problem with both Trippier and Poch.

It's dier I remember hitting balls into the box aimlessly. Maybe if he had fed trippier the ball go to down the line a bit more it would have drawn a few of them out.
Tactically they did do a number on us, smothered wanyama, split eriksen and Dele. I think if vic was fully fit we get at least a draw.

Gullit said that Trippier gambled and got in once and laid a neat pass on for Kane, from a great Toby pass... but most of the time Trip and Davies did not make the runs... also we needed more runs in general e.g. assistance from Kane/Alli making runs towards the full backs which drags the defence around, the centre back follows them and then someone (Eriksen/Alli) runs into the space and gaps appear... if you get runners pulling the defence around AND enough people making runs all over... that is when things happen and it bounces your way.

Like when Davies ran into the box against Newcashtle. It was speculative, it bounced around off a couple of people, off Eriksen, directly into Davies who slotted it home, but there were lots of runs happening which overwhelmed Newcashtle

I don't think Tripps did much wrong sunday, he took up advanced positions regularly, his heat map will make him look like a RW

if our plan A was to feed him in good areas we did a very bad job of it

It's dier I remember hitting balls into the box aimlessly. Maybe if he had fed trippier the ball go to down the line a bit more it would have drawn a few of them out.
Tactically they did do a number on us, smothered wanyama, split eriksen and Dele. I think if vic was fully fit we get at least a draw.
38 crosses. 38.

Dier had the ball far further back than that. The crosses came from the full backs and Eriksen mainly.

Feeding the ball down the line more is the very last thing we should have been doing. When a team gives you the flanks for free (as Chelsea did) it's because they know they can bat away your crosses all day long.

Back