• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I know, but they're not exactly sticking their necks out. I think most of us probably thought he was 50/50 for next weekend given the way he looked when he went off

Well he had a protective boot on so that meant he needed some TLC

If he misses a weekend so be it

Out of the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4768856/Kieran-Trippier-set-miss-start-season.html

so is it Dier or KWP at RB? I'd go KWP, but I bet Poch plays Dier there

You'd go KWP? I wouldn't start KWP in the Prem *this season*, never mind the first game. His time will come, but not yet by any means.

Dier at RB. Shift the defense over - Toby goes to RCB, Jan goes in the middle and Wimmer goes to LCB. Pray none of them get injured too, because all we will have in that eventuality is CCV.

Ah, f*ck's sake - this is exactly the sort of brick we need signings good and early for. :(

You'd go KWP? I wouldn't start KWP in the Prem *this season*, never mind the first game. His time will come, but not yet by any means.

Dier at RB. Shift the defense over - Toby goes to RCB, Jan goes in the middle and Wimmer goes to LCB. Pray none of them get injured too, because all we will have in that eventuality is CCV.

Ah, f*ck's sake - this is exactly the sort of brick we need signings good and early for. :(

Who plays holding mid then?

If Toby jan or Wimmer get injured we can always go 4-2-3-1 before CCV is needed.

If Toby jan or Wimmer get injured we can always go 4-2-3-1 before CCV is needed.

Not if we want to have a right-footer at RCB, surely. Jan and Wimmer are both left-footed. If Dier's stuck out wide, and Toby is injured, then that means CCV coming in.

I concede that an injury to either Jan or Wimmer would still be just about manageable, though. But not to Toby.

Yes, I'd play Dier at DM given that I think it's such a fundamental position that shoe-horning Dembele into that role is, for me, a bigger risk than playing KWP. It's also not as if Dier is a completely natural RB as it is. Neither option is ideal though and could succeed or backfire

5 injuries and we're really scrambling around and Sissoko more or less guaranteed to start. As I've been harping on about for weeks/months we lack depth. Nice that all those who have been saying that they wouldn't make any signings this summer have finally accepted that we need more bodies!

Yes, I'd play Dier at DM given that I think it's such a fundamental position that shoe-horning Dembele into that role is, for me, a bigger risk than playing KWP. It's also not as if Dier is a completely natural RB as it is. Neither option is ideal though and could succeed or backfire

5 injuries and we're really scrambling around and Sissoko more or less guaranteed to start. As I've been harping on about for weeks/months we lack depth. Nice that all those who have been saying that they wouldn't make any signings this summer have finally accepted that we need more bodies!

Five injuries is a lot though.

Take half the outfield players out of any (non-doped) team and they'd struggle.

Not if we want to have a right-footer at RCB, surely. Jan and Wimmer are both left-footed. If Dier's stuck out wide, and Toby is injured, then that means CCV coming in.

I concede that an injury to either Jan or Wimmer would still be just about manageable, though. But not to Toby.
You're right about Toby........but wtf did we do last year when he was injured................except play badly??:D

Edit: Stupid me. Of course we played Dier there as Walker/Trippier were available. Brain freeze!

C'mon five is a lot out considering they've all had the whole summer off.? How much would some squad bodies cost us? May be that's the problem, we thought they were gonna cost x amount but once the transfer window opened it soon became clear that the eg VVD and Gylfi's were £50m plus players.

I think we could do with 2. Probably a RB that can play CB (bit like Davies does on the left) and a CM/3 behind player. I think the Barkley transfer is just stuck on the price. If he came then Sissoko would be gone, so numbers neutral anyway.

Funny how we ridicule Sissoko being guaranteed a starting place. He's a £30M player! .....is completely sh*t though:D

I think Poch might go with the Dier at RB option BUT you never know it may depend on how the Geordies line-up and who we expect them to play down that left hand side.

It might be risky but i would go with KWP, just because at the moment, in theory, we only have Trippier as a RB if you are not gonna trust KWP. So trust him and if he pulls through he is then on the road to being that back-up and may well solve the back-up problem.

Protect him a bit by playing the three of Toby Jan and Wimmer and put Dier back in CM with Moose.

He's not being shoehorned. We play with two sitting midfielders who have slightly (but not totally) different roles. Ideally, we would have one of Dier or Wanyama there but it is not essential. The only key difference would be that you would ask Dembele to sit back a little bit more.

I came across an amazing statistic about Trippier today, this current injury is the first one of his professional career, now you have to agree that is amazing for a 26 year old defender?

Back