• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Yes. My point is that replacing Walker with Trippier weakens the team.
If you want to make that point use examples of what Trippier isnt doing when playing for Spurs, not England where most of our players look a lot worse....

Does it really?
Not sure that the evidence of last season wholly backs that up.
I don't disagree that there's a case to be made but it isn't clear-cut.

I think against the weaker teams you could argue that Trippier would be an even bigger threat than walker. The problem is when we face the stronger teams, with very good players on left, then walker is more than a match for most of them Trippier not so much. The Man U game at WHL demonstrated this quite clearly for me at least

I think against the weaker teams you could argue that Trippier would be an even bigger threat than walker. The problem is when we face the stronger teams, with very good players on left, then walker is more than a match for most of them Trippier not so much. The Man U game at WHL demonstrated this quite clearly for me at least

Trippier is perfect against teams that sit back

Over a season then, would you say the team is stronger with Walker or with Trippier?
Or is it perhaps not so simple and actually there's a case to be made for two different players (at least) to be deployed at differing times when the manager wishes to attack or to counter in a certain manner?

Over a season then, would you say the team is stronger with Walker or with Trippier?
Or is it perhaps not so simple and actually there's a case to be made for two different players (at least) to be deployed at differing times when the manager wishes to attack or to counter in a certain manner?

Well if we could keep both and keep them happy with games divided as you suggest that would be ideal. However... that seems unlikely. So it comes down to this for me. Walkers crossing is not as good as Trippier (by quite a margin) but he bests him in almost every other department. So is his ability against the very best left sides players more important than Trippier's superior crossing... ie do we have enough to beat lesser teams without Trippiers superior crossing? The answer for me would be yes. Ergo walkers ability against the very best attacking left sides player would be more valuable to us across a season

Back