• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Southgate handed right-back Kieran Trippier his maiden senior team call-up after the 26-year-old impressed for Champions League-bound Tottenham in recent weeks.

Southgate said: “He’s a player that I’ve watched a lot, from when he was at Burnley.

“He has had limited game time at Spurs but he fits the profile of a full-back that we like – he’s very good with the ball and I like his mentality.

“He’s a player we wanted to bring in so he gets a feel for how we work, and it’s a good opportunity for us to look at him.

“He and Kyle [Walker] will have been pushing each other every day and, in my opinion, they along with Nathaniel Clyne are the three best right-backs in the country.”

Well done to Kieran. Deserved recognition and a great example of what can happen to a player under Poch who works hard, keeps pushing and takes the chance when given (obviously ability plays its part too).
It's a double edged sword of course for us fans (and for any player when it goes wrong and the knives come out). But as a club it's a fine accolade to have yet another player called up for England.
Kane, Dele, Dier, Walker, Rose (when fit), Trippier. A decent start to next season will soon see Harry Winks in there too.

Today shows he is simply not as good as Walker.
He was fine, and I judge him in games for Spurs thanks - not when playing for an inferior coach and team.

If I was going to criticise any Spurs player for England it would be Dier,he's been awful lately....

Back