• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Kyle walker is the best right back in the league by some way as he does both the attacking and defensive game so well

Trippier is a great wing back option and a solid right back but isn't near to Walker defensively

He is perfect for when wee targeting teams that are poor at crosses. Would have suited pool for example IMO but wouldn't suit Chelsea I'd say

Let's not forget that the first job is to to defend even in the current system

Could not agree more.

There are times when I would like to see both playing in a game, because the crossing would be out of this world. Have Wanamya upfront with Drier for the heading and I think we would win the semin final 4-0 Luiz and Cahill would not be able to cope.

5 assists, 564 minutes played.
Very impressive
He mightn't be the strongest of our fullbacks defensively but certainly cannot knock Trippier for his crossing.

Although it does help his stats that he has been picked to play against teams that tend to park the bus.

Trippier: 5 assists in 564 minutes (0 goals from 3 shots)
Walker: 5 assists in 2704 minutes (0 goals from 19 shots)
Davies: 3 assists in 1735 minutes (plus 1 goal from 13 shots)
Rose: 2 assists in 1533 minutes (plus 2 goals from 23 shots)

He mightn't be the strongest of our fullbacks defensively but certainly cannot knock Trippier for his crossing.

Although it does help his stats that he has been picked to play against teams that tend to park the bus.

Doesn't that suggest his crossing/passing would have to be more accurate with more men behind the ball?

In addition to his crossing Trippier has a rare ability to open up defences with a devastating through ball, one that can put attackers directly through on goal.

It's such an exceptional skill in a wingback I'm guessing it's another reason why Poch appears so calm about the possibility of Walker leaving.

Doesn't that suggest his crossing/passing would have to be more accurate with more men behind the ball?
True... although Trippier gets more opportunities whilst under less pressure than Walker got against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project...

Trippier: 7 accurate crosses (24%) from 29 attempts (4.7 per 90 minutes)
Walker: 13 accurate crosses (14%) from 96 attempts (3.2 per 90 minutes)

Having said that, Trippier does cross the ball like a proper old fashioned winger compared to Walker's rather crude technique.

Walker is a superb player, probably the best in the league in his position IMO, but he does have a reluctance to knock in an early cross . He often gets in excellent positions and then turns back when I don't see the need.

In saying that I really hope he sees the light and stays. We are on the verge of something great at the club and Walker deserves to be part of it.

Last edited:
True... although Trippier gets more opportunities whilst under less pressure than Walker got against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project...

Trippier: 7 accurate crosses (24%) from 29 attempts (4.7 per 90 minutes)
Walker: 13 accurate crosses (14%) from 96 attempts (3.2 per 90 minutes)

Having said that, Trippier does cross the ball like a proper old fashioned winger compared to Walker's rather crude technique.
Does Tripper get more opportunities, or does he just have more of an inclination to cross the ball? Walker always gets into good positions then checks back rather than cross,probably because he's not too confident with his crossing. Trippier just gets the ball and delivers without even thinking.....

Does Tripper get more opportunities, or does he just have more of an inclination to cross the ball? Walker always gets into good positions then checks back rather than cross,probably because he's not too confident with his crossing. Trippier just gets the ball and delivers without even thinking.....

This is why Trippier was much sort after, his 'crossing' is very good. Walkers pace is blistering but his crossing is poorer.

Horses for courses, I would like to keep both.

But it doesn't always work out that way!

This is why Trippier was much sort after, his 'crossing' is very good. Walkers pace is blistering but his crossing is poorer.

Horses for courses, I would like to keep both.

But it doesn't always work out that way!
Keep both - yes please.....

Walker is a superb player, probably the best in the league in his position IMO, but he does have as reluctance to knock in an early cross . He often gets in excellent positions and then turns back when I don't see the need.

In saying that I really hope he sees the light and stays. We are on the verge of something great at the club and Walker deserves to be part of it.
Would like Walker to stay, but I'm interested to see what Poch can do with Trippier. His early cross is unselfish, and Walker likes to have more of an 'impact' on proceedings. Walker may be the better defender, but Poch can get Trippier working his defensive system. I think Trippier could end up being more productive, his delivery is right up there with the best.

As a complete aside, I'm wondering how the hell a statto decides what constitutes an accurate cross? Commentators frequently say 'he put the ball into a good area but there was no one there.' Presumably that would not count as an accurate cross. Also what about the crosses that start out perfectly accurate until a defender arrives from nowhere to intercept?

Baffling.:rolleyes:

As a complete aside, I'm wondering how the hell a statto decides what constitutes an accurate cross? Commentators frequently say 'he put the ball into a good area but there was no one there.' Presumably that would not count as an accurate cross. Also what about the crosses that start out perfectly accurate until a defender arrives from nowhere to intercept?

A cross that arrives in an attackable area at a good pace rather than row Z or goes out for a throw.

I've never understood some of these stats

I always joke when someone does pea roller of a shot to the keeper or a pass that's hit too long, does that count as a shot on target??

Back