• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Not sure who sanctioned the signing of Wimmer but he never looked top class to me. Was always a squad player I guess but despite Poch's training sessions he still looks a barrel of a man and has the turning circle of an oil tanker. I realise the irony of me saying this under the username awesome dawson.

Wish him well at another club but would prefer it if we signed players of a higher calibre than this.

Not sure who sanctioned the signing of Wimmer but he never looked top class to me. Was always a squad player I guess but despite Poch's training sessions he still looks a barrel of a man and has the turning circle of an oil tanker. I realise the irony of me saying this under the username awesome dawson.

Wish him well at another club but would prefer it if we signed players of a higher calibre than this.

In that season where he stepped in for Toby for final 15 or so games (Leicester title) he looked, dare i say it, world class. Admittedly, however, he never seemed to be able to recreate that form.

In that season where he stepped in for Toby for final 15 or so games (Leicester title) he looked, dare i say it, world class. Admittedly, however, he never seemed to be able to recreate that form.
Think it was actually Jan he stood in for but yes, he was that impressive I was one of those suggesting he should keep his place ahead of Verts. :eek:

Strange how far backwards he's gone since then.

He was great in that period, but I agree, I could never work out why he looked like he was carrying so much timber.

The Cult members on RAWK are distraught about this. Wimmer was suppose to go to SCBC as a replacement for VVD so the he could follow his dream of playing for Klapp and "the greatest club side in the world"™
Why don't Liverpool just cut out the middle man and go straight in for Wimmer? Liverpool is probably about the right level of club for him. He would improve their defence and they probably wouldn't have to worry about losing him to one of the bigger boys as he's not really good enough to step up further from Liverpool.

Was that just because so few teams actually managed to attack us during that run? He was absolutely horrible in our away game at West Ham (who did take the game to us in the first half).

Agreed - a Pulis team is probably a better fit for him. Sanchez in, Wimmer out increases the depth of the squad by 1 (counting only those who are able to be rotated without a huge drop off in ability) and getting more depth in the squad was probably most people's main aim for this window

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Was that just because so few teams actually managed to attack us during that run? He was absolutely horrible in our away game at West Ham (who did take the game to us in the first half).

Let's be fair to Wimmer: he did also play away vs Liverpool as well and they absolutely attacked us but we (and he) played well.
I believe Emirates Marketing Project away, who also attacked us, he also played and played well.

Let's be fair to Wimmer: he did also play away vs Liverpool as well and they absolutely attacked us but we (and he) played well.
I believe Emirates Marketing Project away, who also attacked us, he also played and played well.

He wasnt very good Vs city, in my opinion. Did a lot of mistakes in that game. Still, I reckon he could've done a job for us, if he were up to it.

He wasnt very good Vs city, in my opinion. Did a lot of mistakes in that game. Still, I reckon he could've done a job for us, if he were up to it.

Really?? I don't remember many mistakes by ANYONE in that game; and City put us under a lot of pressure second half...happy for you to jog my memory though...

Really?? I don't remember many mistakes by ANYONE in that game; and City put us under a lot of pressure second half...happy for you to jog my memory though...

I just remember having to defend wimmer to my mate at the back of that game. "It was just one game" etc. He got caught out of position a lot if I remember correctly. But he might have played well apart from that. My buddy has a tendency to target certain players if they have a poor match or three. :p

I do recall him being pretty shaky away against City when he was filling in for Toby.

Erm, which game against City was this that he supposedly filled in for Toby? The when when we won 2-1 on Valentines day in 2016 when he played ALONGSIDE Toby?
Or the other one where he filled in for Vertonghen last season and also played ALONGSIDE Toby?

When it comes to the crunch i just think Wimmer is one of those players who has a physique that needs to be playing regularly otherwise he gets rusty and out of shape very, very quickly.

I do wonder if he hadn't got that injury during late pre-season last season whether he would have had more game time in the early part of last season his Spurs career would still be ongoing.

Ah well, we'l never know, but i will always remember how he seamlessly stepped in for Vertonghen in spring 2016; in fact i think his form in that time was very good motivation for Vertonghen to make sure he kept his own standards up and Vertonghen - fair play to him - hasn't looked back since.

I hope Wimmer goes to a good defensive but footballing club. Hopefully NOT West Brom, where i think long-term his skills will be wasted

Erm, which game against City was this that he supposedly filled in for Toby? The when when we won 2-1 on Valentines day in 2016 when he played ALONGSIDE Toby?
Or the other one where he filled in for Vertonghen last season and also played ALONGSIDE Toby?

I was referring to the 2-2 game, earlier this year, where city battered us for most of the game.

Wimmer last year came in for 3 massive away games

Arse away in a back 3 and had a good game despite the OG which was offside still, Chelsea away playing left back and city away where city literally had to be gung-ho in a game their couldn't afford to lose

The year before when he played and knew he had time to play he was as good a back up as you could ever want

Wimmer last year came in for 3 massive away games

Arse away in a back 3 and had a good game despite the OG which was offside still, Chelsea away playing left back and city away where city literally had to be gung-ho in a game their couldn't afford to lose

The year before when he played and knew he had time to play he was as good a back up as you could ever want

I think that it was the City game that ended his time here. He was caught out of position a few times and Poch switched formation to four at the back after that game, so that he didn't have to play him.

I think that it was the City game that ended his time here. He was caught out of position a few times and Poch switched formation to four at the back after that game, so that he didn't have to play him.

Well that was his last game but for me the worst game to judge him on

Their were plenty of poor performances that day and tactically we were out done

But also they had to pile forward as they had been battered at Everton the previous game

Well that was his last game but for me the worst game to judge him on

Their were plenty of poor performances that day and tactically we were out done

But also they had to pile forward as they had been battered at Everton the previous game

I think that it was telling that Poch changed formation after that game so that he didn't have to select him. He must've done something fundamentally wrong for that to happen.

Back