• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Going on from has there ever been a decent Austrian footballer, how about there ever bein a good player with the name Kevin.....Keegan is the only one that comes to mind

I know it's not going to happen but, Kevin De Bruyne would be a good signing.

Anyway, welcome Mr Wimmer.. COYS.

Martin Harnik is a good player for Stuttgart, Sebastian Prödl is one of Werder Bremen's better defenders. Julian Baumgartlinger plays for Mainz 05.
We played against Marc Janko vs Twente a few years ago. We played against Dragovic for Basel a year or two ago as well.
Martin Hinteregger is getting tipped or a big move from RB Salzburg; whilst half of Europe is looing at Philipp Schobesberger from Rapid Vienna.

I won't bother naming Austrians who play their football domestically, as it is a bit of a pointless exercise!

We'll be facing Marc Janko tomorrow as well. Could be his last game for Sydney (why on earth is he there?).

young, reasonable price, in an area where we need more cover (assuming he would be 4th in line, Vert/Fazio/Dier and Vlad/Kaboul out)

Good and early, so hopefully will be included in full preseason.

http://www.fc-brett.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=38&pageNo=33

Just reading through a thread on the Köln boards. Some think he won't be good enough to get a game, others think he will but that he's not good enough yet but that he has loads of potential.

All of them are praising his efforts for the club and highlighting how much he's improved. I think this is what impresses people most about him, and probably what we've taken a punt on.

I've been thinking about Mumorns post a bit. He did look solid at Köln, but they are THE most negative team in the league. They set up for 0-0's even at home and Stöger is an excellent defensive coach. I'm worried that the extra quality he is going to face and the more open style we play is going to be very, very challenging for him.

Cheers for the different perspective AE, I agree that it will probably be quite a change along with the step up in quality. Hopefully we've done our job identifying him as (what seems like) one of our top targets.

Two of the centre backs Pochettino has been successful with in England have been Lovren and Fazio. Two players that I think could equally be described to perhaps fit in best in a more defensive and deep defending setup on the face of it.

http://www.fc-brett.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=38&pageNo=33

Just reading through a thread on the Köln boards. Some think he won't be good enough to get a game, others think he will but that he's not good enough yet but that he has loads of potential.

All of them are praising his efforts for the club and highlighting how much he's improved. I think this is what impresses people most about him, and probably what we've taken a punt on.

I've been thinking about Mumorns post a bit. He did look solid at Köln, but they are THE most negative team in the league. They set up for 0-0's even at home and Stöger is an excellent defensive coach. I'm worried that the extra quality he is going to face and the more open style we play is going to be very, very challenging for him.

Interesting. Thanks. I hope that you are wrong ;)

Has there ever been a half decent Austrian footballer ......

Andreas Herzog was incredible at his best, remember him from Werder Bremen in the 90s. Toni Polster was decent too.

Going on from has there ever been a decent Austrian footballer, how about there ever bein a good player with the name Kevin.....Keegan is the only one that comes to mind

Qu Bo .... "call me Kevin"

Back