• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Harry Winks is the same age and played roughly the same amount of games. Yet he does not shrink responsibility, despite his tender years.

I never said I expect him to be dominating every situation but I do expect him to be organising his defence - which he failed abysmally to do yesterday - and above all I do not expect him to be taken to the cleaners by a fourth tier attack or make the schoolboy error that led to their first goal...

As Poch said, players were expected to show that their are genuine contenders for game time; Wimmer failed that test big time!
And last season he was brilliant when Jan got injured. But I guess, especially comparing him to Winks, that he's as bad as you think he is. Free transfer to get him of the wage bill then. What does Poch know about players any way? Serious Relegation Fears.

Harry Winks is the same age and played roughly the same amount of games. Yet he does not shrink responsibility, despite his tender years.

I never said I expect him to be dominating every situation but I do expect him to be organising his defence - which he failed abysmally to do yesterday - and above all I do not expect him to be taken to the cleaners by a fourth tier attack or make the schoolboy error that led to their first goal...

As Poch said, players were expected to show that their are genuine contenders for game time; Wimmer failed that test big time!
Rooney was a revelation at 16 & Neymar was a massive star at 19, so by your logic Winks is a disappointment.

I love that we're asking £20m for him! Mind you, if they're asking for £70m - £80 for Van Dijk then I guess its fair. Transfer free are really ridiculous now...

tickle my balls with a feather

Everything is relative even if it's bonkers

I can understand his position, he has 14 prem games in two seasons and with the likes of Toby, Jan, Dier in front of him i can not see him getting a lot of chances. At the end of the day most players want to actually play and maybe he thinks he would have more chance elsewhere.

I am a bit saddened, though. I hope one day we'll find out why he fell from Poch's good graces so quickly - he wasn't even all that bad last season, but he never got a real shot even when Verts remained out injured.

He's still young, talented, and performed solidly at the top end of the Prem when he was called on to partner Toby in the second half of 15/16 - that will get a lot of clubs interested, and will probably mean that we can make a profit on him. But losing him just feels wrong to me, despite that.

I am a bit saddened, though. I hope one day we'll find out why he fell from Poch's good graces so quickly - he wasn't even all that bad last season, but he never got a real shot even when Verts remained out injured.

He's still young, talented, and performed solidly at the top end of the Prem when he was called on to partner Toby in the second half of 15/16 - that will get a lot of clubs interested, and will probably mean that we can make a profit on him. But losing him just feels wrong to me, despite that.

I can agree with most of that but he is not good enough to replace either Toby or Jan ( that is not a slight on his ability more that Jan and Toby are that good), as for Dier well he is such a good all round player he will be in the team no matter where he plays.

I hope/wish we would keep him but if he wants to play more often ( ie regular) he is better off ( for his own sake) leaving and that is done to him as i am sure Poch would keep him here.

I can agree with most of that but he is not good enough to replace either Toby or Jan ( that is not a slight on his ability more that Jan and Toby are that good), as for Dier well he is such a good all round player he will be in the team no matter where he plays.

I hope/wish we would keep him but if he wants to play more often ( ie regular) he is better off ( for his own sake) leaving and that is done to him as i am sure Poch would keep him here.

He was good enough in 15/16 but every time he got a chance in 16/17 he didn't really take it. It's hard, but Poch expects young players to perform when they get their chance and sadly Wimmer didn't. He looked too shaky. But he did look very good the season before when Jan was out.

He was good enough in 15/16 but every time he got a chance in 16/17 he didn't really take it. It's hard, but Poch expects young players to perform when they get their chance and sadly Wimmer didn't. He looked too shaky. But he did look very good the season before when Jan was out.
Didn't he get his first chance last season v Emirates Marketing Project away, who played an all star front five and really took it to us? Then he got hooked at half time? Talk about in at the deep end.

Just looked....it was City. Son came on at half-time for him. They were all over us first half.

Verts had got injured the game before and I can remember the chat on here between Wimmer and Davies being the choice to replace him.

Definately got called upon for some toughies. Poor Kev ......he was decent that season before.

Based on pre-season, he's miles ahead of CCV at this point.

Obviously needs game time, but can do the role, see no value in letting him go and having to spend money on a player that will take x number of months to adapt to system.

I had the chance to speak with him this week. I asked him about Son and he said that it was for the best that he had stayed in the UK to recover from his injury. However, he explained, in immaculate Schwarzeneggeresk tones that Son was "Very strong". Not what I would have expected as a comment. In common with the rest of the team, seemed like a nice chap.

Do people think there's any chance of Wimmer staying this season?

I have been assuming that he is unhappy and itching for a move - he's been here for 2 seasons, doesn't seem to have a chance of becoming first choice this season, and is 24 (?)

Thoughts?

Just looked....it was City. Son came on at half-time for him. They were all over us first half.

Verts had got injured the game before and I can remember the chat on here between Wimmer and Davies being the choice to replace him.

Definately got called upon for some toughies. Poor Kev ......he was decent that season before.

Are you taking about his first start???

It was Arsenal away where he played and scored an OG but actually played well and the goal should never have stood

Then it was Chelsea away where he played left back and got caught out for their winner where he came too Central

Then City I think away again

Not easy games to just come into and perform

Back