• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Take these with you and make @Sexagenarianlover's new year

10764011_1_640x640.jpg

sy_Silky-Soft-Opaque-40-Denier-Opaque-Tights.jpg

web_camera_PNG7982.png

Do NOT do this to me!!!!!! [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40][emoji8][emoji13][emoji173]️[emoji106][emoji51]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

"With one defender out the club are also hopeful knocks picked up by Toby Alderweireld and Danny Rose are not too serious with Kevin Wimmer poised to continue deputising.

Wimmer was hauled off at half-time at the Etihad but told reporters post-match his confidence had not dimmed by the experience.

'It's not the first time I had this situation,' he said. 'I train every day and learn a lot from the other guys, from Toby [Alderweireld] and Jan especially. I always try to look at what they do and when I get my chances, I always try to copy them a little bit.

'Of course, I try to do my best but it's not easy when you don't play every week, but you always have to be ready as a footballer - and I am. It's always a good feeling when the manager trusts you to play in important games like today [against City].

'It's not a good feeling when any of our players are injured, especially if it's a bad injury. Jan is a strong guy, his mind is strong and he is always positive.

'Everyone hopes he will be back soon. With Toby too, I think the injury is not too bad but it's never good when such important players get injured.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iness-winter-training-camp.html#ixzz4WinGxE1r

I don't think he was 'hauled off' was he? (in the sense that that implies he was brought off because he was playing badly) Seemed to me we were losing the game in midfield - both defensively and offensively, and needed to switch tactics/formation to give us a better footing in the game - with three at the back and a yellow card it made Wimmer the obvious choice to make way

I don't think he was 'hauled off' was he? (in the sense that that implies he was brought off because he was playing badly) Seemed to me we were losing the game in midfield - both defensively and offensively, and needed to switch tactics/formation to give us a better footing in the game - with three at the back and a yellow card it made Wimmer the obvious choice to make way
Hauled off/dressed down/chewed out/eviscerated/decimated/ridiculed/embarrassed/owned/destroyed/annihilated... let's be dramatic about this rather than reasoned about a change in formation. Or not. I like whiskey.

Indeed, I took a look back to refresh my memory. City pummelled us first half. We swapped Wimmer for Son and put Dier at centre back for the start of the second half... seconds later Sane scores, then De Bruyne.
Lloris was primarily at fault for these goals.
Or you could say "Dier for Wimmer" was the thing that changed most and caused some issue.
Yet the narrative above is that Wimmer was "hauled off".
Toby came off on 64 minutes.
We scored on 58 (Alli) and 77 (Son) minutes.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-live

Indeed, I took a look back to refresh my memory. City pummelled us first half. We swapped Wimmer for Son and put Dier at centre back for the start of the second half... seconds later Sane scores, then De Bruyne.
Lloris was primarily at fault for these goals.
Or you could say "Dier for Wimmer" was the thing that changed most and caused some issue.
Yet the narrative above is that Wimmer was "hauled off".
Toby came off on 64 minutes.
We scored on 58 (Alli) and 77 (Son) minutes.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-live
He did have some shaky moments at the back (can remember at least one time where he gave away the ball near our box, but so did others) so it was probably a mixture of reasons for taking him off, yellow card, change of formation, him not having the best of days. Out of the three centrebacks he was always going to be the first to go if a change was needed.

He did have some shaky moments at the back (can remember at least one time where he gave away the ball near our box, but so did others) so it was probably a mixture of reasons for taking him off, yellow card, change of formation, him not having the best of days. Out of the three centrebacks he was always going to be the first to go if a change was needed.
Spot on. Also you have to expect the odd slip-up when a player who's spent most of the season on the sidelines has to come in at short notice and start performing to the same high standards set by the top man he's replacing. Wimmer showed last year he's more than capable of doing just that so the deserves to be cut some slack.

Let's see how he goes over the next four five games, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

He's fine next to Toby imo (City gave our whole team a doing last week, so I wouldn't worry about that). Today next to CCV was more difficult, for both of them.

We were always one CB short going into this season - on the basis of two senior players per position, and with Dier being one of the two DMs, we only had three CBs. In the summer, the priorities have to be back-ups to TA and Kane, plus ideally a top class wide attacker. Its natural that we have gaps like this though - we're not an established CL team yet so we cant have decent cover everywhere....however the goal has to be to strengthen gradually. If we can get CL football this year, we should be able to bring in another couple decent players so be stronger again next year

@AdamB - I don't think we were short of CBs going into the season, per se. We had 3 senior ones plus Dier, who could fill in with ease if necessary, and CCV. What exposed a shortage in that position was our switch from the 4-2-3-1 we started the season with to the 3-man back line, which naturally put more demands on our pool of CBs.

@AdamB - I don't think we were short of CBs going into the season, per se. We had 3 senior ones plus Dier, who could fill in with ease if necessary, and CCV. What exposed a shortage in that position was our switch from the 4-2-3-1 we started the season with to the 3-man back line, which naturally put more demands on our pool of CBs.

I dont really think you can count Dier given he's one of the two DMs in the squad and, whilst the change of formation hasn't helped, we were short regardless. Look at it another way: if you take the three positions (2 * CBs and 1 * DM) in the 4-2-3-1, then we had 5 senior players (TA, JV, KW, ED, VW) covering those 3 spots - thats one too few. One injury and a suspension and you're down to the bare bones

Just looked on the Sissoko thread and the lad is being pilloried for what was admittedly an average "6" game. But incredibly no one has even commented on the nightmare Wimmer had yesterday (and not for the first time!). MOTD showed the Wycombe first goal in slo-mo. Wimmer was marking Hayes (the goalscorer) around the penalty spot; then as the corner is given, he suddenly leaves Hayes on his own - presumably to go and help mark Akinfenwe but there was no way he could ever get there by then. Onomah makes a powerpuff header (presumably ignoring Vorm's call) and ball falls to Hayes with Wimmer in no man's land. 1-0 Wycombe.

It's not just that; he was the senior CB at the back but he is completely voiceless, not taking responsibility.

This guy is a total liability....

Just looked on the Sissoko thread and the lad is being pilloried for what was admittedly an average "6" game. But incredibly no one has even commented on the nightmare Wimmer had yesterday (and not for the first time!). MOTD showed the Wycombe first goal in slo-mo. Wimmer was marking Hayes (the goalscorer) around the penalty spot; then as the corner is given, he suddenly leaves Hayes on his own - presumably to go and help mark Akinfenwe but there was no way he could ever get there by then. Onomah makes a powerpuff header (presumably ignoring Vorm's call) and ball falls to Hayes with Wimmer in no man's land. 1-0 Wycombe.

It's not just that; he was the senior CB at the back but he is completely voiceless, not taking responsibility.

Yeah. At 22 and only playing a few games here and there he should be dominating EVERY situation and providing Churchillian leadership. It's outrageous that he makes mistakes. I'd shoot him in the head because hanging's too good for him.

Going through a tough time and maybe our expectations of him are too high given his limited game time and how well he slotted in for 10 games or so last season. Partnering CCV probably wasn't ideal either as both are still really learning, especially CCV. Just needs to do the basics in the next game, clear the ball when under pressure, find a player with a simple pass and rebuild the confidence and everything else will follow.

Drama Queen much?

Yeah. At 22 and only playing a few games here and there he should be dominating EVERY situation and providing Churchillian leadership. It's outrageous that he makes mistakes. I'd shoot him in the head because hanging's too good for him.

Harry Winks is the same age and played roughly the same amount of games. Yet he does not shrink responsibility, despite his tender years.

I never said I expect him to be dominating every situation but I do expect him to be organising his defence - which he failed abysmally to do yesterday - and above all I do not expect him to be taken to the cleaners by a fourth tier attack or make the schoolboy error that led to their first goal...

As Poch said, players were expected to show that their are genuine contenders for game time; Wimmer failed that test big time!

Harry Winks is the same age and played roughly the same amount of games. Yet he does not shrink responsibility, despite his tender years.

I never said I expect him to be dominating every situation but I do expect him to be organising his defence - which he failed abysmally to do yesterday - and above all I do not expect him to be taken to the cleaners by a fourth tier attack or make the schoolboy error that led to their first goal...

As Poch said, players were expected to show that their are genuine contenders for game time; Wimmer failed that test big time!
Winks is the exception, Wimmer is the norm. If Winks was playing for Austria Vienna he would not be shouting orders

Wow... winks is now two years older and Wimmer is two years younger than they actually are (20 and 24 respectively)

But also it's a strange comparison of players

For a start winks is getting a lot of game time now and it's richly deserved

Wimmer has had very little this seaisn and it shows but also playing him with an incredibly inexperienced centre back is asking for trouble for me against a well organised side with plenty of experience

Back