• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kelechi Iheanacho

Goal to shot ratio is phenomenal

People talk about Chicaritio but he can't get near this lad IMO

For me he just knows where the goal is but is much more than a poacher. He is more like a version of the Defoe we have seen lately at Sunderland but with youth
How telling is a goal to shot ratio over that sample size? (12 league goals over 1250ish minutes). Many of those as a sub against tiring legs playing for a top team.

How telling is a goal to shot ratio over that sample size? (12 league goals over 1250ish minutes). Many of those as a sub against tiring legs playing for a top team.

Or many of those playing against teams parked in defence trying to not concede ....

Every game and goal would need to be judged on merit and we all know how stats can be manipulated

Would love him at Spurs - he's very good.

If it was money plus him for Walker think we should be all over it.

It would solve a problem area for us and we have cover for Walker.

He has more pace than either Kane or Janssen. That's especially needed playing at home on a big pitch.

Definitely a good deal at 25m in the current climate.

Hell yeah! Bargain at 20-25m.

Regular playing time would be an issue though but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Great young player. Still only 20 too.

True but you can only judge by him why he has done so far
Sure. But you can choose how much weight to put on the various limited information available.

Shot to goal ratio for example. I don't think you can learn all that much from it. Pretty clear indication that he's not a poor finisher, I don't think someone whose a poor finisher would get those kinds of numbers very often over that sample. I think an average finisher (by PL) standards might very well get those kinds of numbers, as could an excellent finisher of course.

Sure. But you can choose how much weight to put on the various limited information available.

Shot to goal ratio for example. I don't think you can learn all that much from it. Pretty clear indication that he's not a poor finisher, I don't think someone whose a poor finisher would get those kinds of numbers very often over that sample. I think an average finisher (by PL) standards might very well get those kinds of numbers, as could an excellent finisher of course.

It's why I like him actually

He scores from so few chances and is IMO San excellent finisher

But as you say any stat can be spun multiple ways to suit an argument

The issue we have as a club is Jansenn who we have to keep IMO and give him time otherwise what was the point in buying him. If we didn't have Vincent I'd expect us to be all over this

Why do we have to keep Janssen? If the right offer came along and he's happy to go, would you not sell and get nachos instead?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Why do we have to keep Janssen? If the right offer came along and he's happy to go, would you not sell and get nachos instead?

I don't think that's necessarily an upgrade. Small sample size goal scoring stats aside I think Janssen is looking very useful. He's a very good fit for us in terms of pressing and overall contribution to our attacking play. I'm not sure the same can be said about Iheanacho. Obviously we don't have to keep Janssen, just like we didn't have to keep Fazio or Njie. It seems likely that we want to keep him though.

Iheanacho is also partly leaving City because he's not happy as a backup striker there. Would he come here to be Kane's backup? Or would he get frustrated after half a season and want out?

I don't think that's necessarily an upgrade. Small sample size goal scoring stats aside I think Janssen is looking very useful. He's a very good fit for us in terms of pressing and overall contribution to our attacking play. I'm not sure the same can be said about Iheanacho. Obviously we don't have to keep Janssen, just like we didn't have to keep Fazio or Njie. It seems likely that we want to keep him though.

Iheanacho is also partly leaving City because he's not happy as a backup striker there. Would he come here to be Kane's backup? Or would he get frustrated after half a season and want out?
Janssen has a bigger sample size but poorer stats, but true about fit and philosophy etc. I know it looks like we want to keep him but if nachos understands the challenges and still wants to come, I feel we make it happen. We can still be friends with Janssen.

Janssen has a bigger sample size but poorer stats, but true about fit and philosophy etc. I know it looks like we want to keep him but if nachos understands the challenges and still wants to come, I feel we make it happen. We can still be friends with Janssen.

In terms of Premier League minutes Janssen has a smaller sample size than Iheanacho. I've made the point before, but it's a very small sample to judge goalscoring on.

If we wanted Iheanacho I think we would have tried to agree a deal with City parallel to the Walker deal as I don't think City are particularly interested in selling us a player with a lot of potential.

In terms of Premier League minutes Janssen has a smaller sample size than Iheanacho. I've made the point before, but it's a very small sample to judge goalscoring on.

If we wanted Iheanacho I think we would have tried to agree a deal with City parallel to the Walker deal as I don't think City are particularly interested in selling us a player with a lot of potential.
That last bit is where it hurts the most. Essentially they have strengthened at our expense. Readjusting my perception of Levy as a master negotiater, downgrading it back to Penny pincher

That last bit is where it hurts the most. Essentially they have strengthened at our expense. Readjusting my perception of Levy as a master negotiater, downgrading it back to Penny pincher

Levy's position was not the same as City's., he had a first team regular wanting to leave and probably a manager who doesn't want anyone in the camp who is not committed to the cause, whereas they have a youngster who they could loan out, sell or keep even if he's unhappy.

Back