• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Mata

Rossi22

Pedro Mendes
From the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23841998?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

In a further twist, it has emerged that Spurs have approached Chelsea with a view to buying a player - thought to be Juan Mata - to replace Bale.

Spurs were close to signing the Brazilian winger Willian last week before a late bid from Chelsea beat them to his signature.
Losing out to their London rivals has delayed Spurs finalising the departure of Bale, and Mata had been identified as a potential replacement.

Spurs are frustrated that Chelsea are refusing to sell a player who could now find himself behind Willian in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.

Optimistic rating: 10/10

Why would we ever deal with these cnuts on any level? We'd be royally shafted by them at every opportunity. They'd probably only give us Mata in a straight swap for Bale.

Never going to happen, next.

Nah I don't think so either. Shame as he would transform our team from an attacking perspective and I'm sure Soldado would be happy to see him again. If Chelsea didn't want us to have Willian then they certainly won't want us to have Mata.

Nah I don't think so either. Shame as he would transform our team from an attacking perspective and I'm sure Soldado would be happy to see him again. If Chelsea didn't want us to have Willian then they certainly won't want us to have Mata.

Exactly, he would be fantastic in our team, but Chelsea wouldn't let us have him. Oh well, I'm sure AVB, Levy & Baldini are working hard behind the scenes to find us that creative part of the jigsaw.

Mata would likely make us too much of a threat for them to deal with us

Would be the difference maker, top 4 for sure.

Waste of time and effort. Mata would not choose us, if he was going to be sold.

Utd or Arsenal first. Chelsea would not sell, if they were going to they would use him to buy Rooney.

Makes you worry, we are not serious about spending the Bale money.

Waste of time and effort. Mata would not choose us, if he was going to be sold.

Utd or Arsenal first. Chelsea would not sell, if they were going to they would use him to buy Rooney.

Makes you worry, we are not serious about spending the Bale money.

Christ mate ... Paulinho, Chandli, Soldado and Willian (not our fault), what would make you feel we are "serious" about spending money

Christ mate ... Paulinho, Chandli, Soldado and Willian (not our fault), what would make you feel we are "serious" about spending money

We probably only had Willian over for a cup of tea, him being mates with AVB according to reports and he might know a few Spurs players being Brazilian and all...

/sarcasm

--------------

I can't see us getting Mata. At all. If we have inquired about him I'm assuming we're capable of doing that whilst also doing other business...

Didn't we originally bid Mata's release clause but he didn't want to join us. Goons came in and bid just under the release clause and would have got him if they'd met it but they dallied and Chelsea stole him.

Wasn't AVB the man who signed Mata originally, maybe they still get on. Chelsea would never sell him to us anyway.

I think there is a gap between the Chelsea fans rating of Mata and Mourinhos.

Even if this enquiry is a bit far fetched, it does effectively exploit that schism, raising discontent and disharmony in a notoriously unstable dressing room.

Yer Chelsea snatched Willian, but In so doing have they unsettled one of their amigos?

I don't think we will get Mata, but I think this is just a clever bid from AVB knowing Mourinho as well as he does, to make him look a bit foolish.

Mourinho has just released comments saying that clubs should be willing to sell to domestic rivals, and so we are making him deal with a bid from us. It turns the focus back on him as a hypocrite, and not the all knowing managerial GHod that he paints himself out to be.

I think it's a clever ploy from someone that knows Mourinho as well as AVB does, and is a good mind game without the need to for 'clever' double speak in press conferences. Can't see us getting him whatsoever though.

I don't think we will get Mata, but I think this is just a clever bid from AVB knowing Mourinho as well as he does, to make him look a bit foolish.

Mourinho has just released comments saying that clubs should be willing to sell to domestic rivals, and so we are making him deal with a bid from us. It turns the focus back on him as a hypocrite, and not the all knowing managerial GHod that he paints himself out to be.

I think it's a clever ploy from someone that knows Mourinho as well as AVB does, and is a good mind game without the need to for 'clever' double speak in press conferences. Can't see us getting him whatsoever though.

Its just a way of telling Man USA, if you are serious about Mata you can swap him with Rooney, but you had better hurry up or we have *cough* Tottenham lined up ...

That's an interesting slant on it. I do believe that his recent comments about selling to domestic rivals is all ****, so why not put it to the test, however unlikely this transfer is.

Back