• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Agree that he looked very good. Seems to be progressing very well. Should cut down his risk taking a tad. Less worried about the Vertonghen injury now.
Alongside a strong CB he'll be great. His ball playing ability is as good as we've got. I just fear how he'll cope against the likes of Deeney/Lukaku/Benteke etc.
Have been impressed with him physically in previous appearances against Championship teams. Can't remember the game/games.

Will struggle a bit against someone like Deeney, most centre backs do. It's about being smart.

Epic performance.

The 2nd half clearance for a corner when a couple yards out facing his own goal was world class. That cross was really pinged in and a Spammer right behind him.

Loved his desire too, even in the last minute.

Hopefully he gets more game time

Edit: also well done Sanchez for the organisation

Alongside a strong CB he'll be great. His ball playing ability is as good as we've got. I just fear how he'll cope against the likes of Deeney/Lukaku/Benteke etc.

I thought that. Then I also thought about our back 3 of Verts - Sanchez - Alderweireld and thought how well he could slot into that sort of set up too.

I think he is great. Had a bit of a thing for him since his first appearance, even then as a raw teenager he looked a proper player.

I said in the match thread just now, for me this is the game he became a man. I think he has taken a real step forward and should be in more serious contention for the first team. Even if just as first reserve for now (in place of Dier dropping back).

I thought that. Then I also thought about our back 3 of Verts - Sanchez - Alderweireld and thought how well he could slot into that sort of set up too.

I think he is great. Had a bit of a thing for him since his first appearance, even then as a raw teenager he looked a proper player.

I said in the match thread just now, for me this is the game he became a man. I think he has taken a real step forward and should be in more serious contention for the first team. Even if just as first reserve for now (in place of Dier dropping back).
He’s definitely jumped ahead of Dier in the CB back up stakes for me.

Worrying with the report the other week of Foyth potentially leaving because of the lack of progress he’s made. Hopefully that doesn’t turn out to be the case and perhaps he is given more game time if Toby does leave....
What report?

What report?
I think it was in the Evening Standard and filtered through to other news outlets about him looking to leave due to lack of opportunities. Don’t think there was any direct quotes from player but likely true given his ability and number of appearances....

Would prefer to see him as a regular sub in place of one of the two fullbacks that are invariably on the bench. I am sure he can play at full back if pressed and he offers the option of slotting into a back three to close off games and even play in holding midfield - his ability on the ball looks as good as Dier's, at the very least.

Would prefer to see him as a regular sub in place of one of the two fullbacks that are invariably on the bench. I am sure he can play at full back if pressed and he offers the option of slotting into a back three to close off games and even play in holding midfield - his ability on the ball looks as good as Dier's, at the very least.
That's a dangerous assumption. While some players can happily switch between FB and CB, some definitely can't. I don't think anyone in their right mind would have played Michael Dawson at FB, for example. On the other hand, there are utility players like Dier who can do a job wherever you stick them -- a function of discipline, awareness and footballing nous, no doub.t I've not seen enough of Foyth to have any idea which type he is. At the very least, a modern FB needs to have a turn of pace and be quick on the turn.

Back