• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Judgement and awareness comes with experience, the key ingredient he lacks.

And it's not damning at all to consider teams in the richest league in the world arent inclined to give youth players for other side's a shot...

Maybe that's how you think, maybe he thinks otherwise?

He just signed a new deal with us, there is committment on both sides. As a development opportunity I see nothing wrong with a loan
Yeah I get that but as I’ve said the guy starts for an international power house in Argentina. We’re not talking a kid playing for some random country

Its not like starting for Argentina is the barometer of a quality player either. Much like starting for England.
As opposed to starting for a championship side?
Players put a LOT of credit against playing for their country. More so than fans do

Blimey i am starting to feel sorry for the kid, not yet 22 played a handful of Prem games and trying to adjust to a much quicker pace then he has been used to at the same times as trying to adjust to living in a new country. And already being written off by some fans.

Blimey i am starting to feel sorry for the kid, not yet 22 played a handful of Prem games and trying to adjust to a much quicker pace then he has been used to at the same times as trying to adjust to living in a new country. And already being written off by some fans.

sad yes
but he's not ready for the premiership

And I'm pretty sure they value top level careers above international, so if a loan gets him that - he'll do it.

With the happy result of being more likely to have a long intl career thanks to top level club football

No doubt he has some quality on the ball, but his mistakes are imo, outweighing his positives. He’s almost too casual on the ball, and when he’s trying to retrieve the ball in our penalty box, i end up with a browner pair of pants than the original colour.
None of our current 3 RB’s/RWB’s are the answer, 3 wrongs don’t make a right [back]..taxi; especially as we are shipping goals from us angles and need to restore confidence. Over to you Mr Levy.

Other than the mistake for the goal I thought he was pretty decent.
Every player makes mistakes, Toby had a fudging mare imv and the pukki goal that got chopped off was way worse defending by Toby and Jan than anything foyth did.
But they got lucky so it's ignored.
Ndombele and Eriksen losing the ball ended up with a good chance as well, but Gazzaniga saved it (a better save than the one for the goal had been had he gotten to it imo) doesn't get nearly as much attention either.

Mourinho said he put on Sanchez for his pace when we moved to a less solid setup. Though that could obviously just have been an excuse. Will be interesting to see if Mourinho shares the views of some of the posters on here that are the most critical of Foyth.

sad yes
but he's not ready for the premiership

I have more hope for Foyth in the long-term than Sanchez. Davinson has a touch of Anthony Gardner about him; had a very decent season or so initially after joining, but very shakey on the ball and not commanding like someone of his size should be. Young players have flat-lines in their development, like Sanchez has had over the season 12-18 months, so I'm not writing him off yet but the 2018/9 and 2019/20 Sanchez aren't yet ready to be a starter in a top 4 team. Foyth i think has composure and confidence; just needs to play the percentages more so that he cuts out his errors

Too weak and hesitant and his close control is not as good as he thinks.
I think he will improve over time but he needs regular games and he won't get them with us ATM

Other than the mistake for the goal I thought he was pretty decent.
Every player makes mistakes, Toby had a fudging mare imv and the pukki goal that got chopped off was way worse defending by Toby and Jan than anything foyth did.
But they got lucky so it's ignored.
Foyth’s mistake in that match was the worst by any player on either team by a considerable margin IMO. He directly costs us in pretty much every game he plays. Give him a loan and see if he sinks or swims, otherwise he’s either not playing for us or costing us even a top 6 place.

I have more hope for Foyth in the long-term than Sanchez. Davinson has a touch of Anthony Gardner about him; had a very decent season or so initially after joining, but very shakey on the ball and not commanding like someone of his size should be. Young players have flat-lines in their development, like Sanchez has had over the season 12-18 months, so I'm not writing him off yet but the 2018/9 and 2019/20 Sanchez aren't yet ready to be a starter in a top 4 team. Foyth i think has composure and confidence; just needs to play the percentages more so that he cuts out his errors

He's our best performing CB right now though. Foyth is overlay confident in his ability in the ball which is what leads to his errors. He needs to tone it down a bit and but a little bit more cautious otherwise he will forever keep putting himself in danger.

Sanchez is the opposite, he is very aware of his own limitations on the ball probably more so than than reality and so he often looks shaky when our under a press because he knows exactly what can do wrong and he expects it to be difficult.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The agent of Tottenham defender Juan Foyth, Claudio Curti, has revealed they are looking at the possibility of the defender leaving the club on loan this month.

The Argentine defender joined Spurs from Club Estudiantes de La Plata in an £11.7m deal back in August 2017 but has found playing time hard to come by in his two years at the club.

This season he has managed seven appearances and 262 minutes in all competitions, with his only starts coming against Red Star and Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

It had been suggested that he could leave on loan in the January transfer window, although Tottenham manager José Mourinho ruled that out in the middle of December.

That was pretty definitive, but his agent says differently, telling Inter Dipendenza; “We are evaluating the possibility of going out in the January market. We wait for this week to find clarity with Tottenham.”

That suggests that a move has not been ruled out quite as definitively as first thought, with a decision instead set to be made this week.

Perhaps much of it will rely on what Tottenham do in terms of incomings this month. If Spurs were to bring in cover, there is every chance Foyth will be allowed to leave.

If that doesn’t happen, a move seems unlikely, with him instead left needing to convince Mourinho he is worth more playing time in the second half of the campaign.

Back