• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Defenders who are good on the ball often have a harder time settling into first team football in the PL. Their skill plays them into problems that defenders who just clear it don't have. Once they have found their feet though, they are worth their weight in gold. I'd like us to persevere, particularly when we have a more settled team.

Let's hope he is more like Rio Ferdinand than John Stones.

Defenders who are good on the ball often have a harder time settling into first team football in the PL. Their skill plays them into problems that defenders who just clear it don't have. Once they have found their feet though, they are worth their weight in gold. I'd like us to persevere, particularly when we have a more settled team.

Fine, no argument there. But as long as he looks like Bambi on ice when on the damn ball, play him at right-back, where any giveaway will be less likely to be punished, and where being outmuscled (as was the case thrice against Norwich) is less likely to result in immediate danger of conceding.

He could be a passable Corluka - a central defender converted into a full-back. We should be giving him more opportunities in that position - not at center-back. Not yet.

Foyth has no controlled aggression about him. He is stupidly reckless - two penalty concessions on his debut at Wolves and a mindless sending off at Bournemouth within 5 minutes of coming on - when we were already down to 10 men. He gives the ball away frequentl in dangerous positions ( e.g. against Norwich) and concedes unnecessary free kicks when he has no hope of winning the ball. I think that is why JM prefers a flawed Aurier!

Yup he's a south american hothead alright.
I don't see a future for him with us. Hoping that JM can swop him out while before the world finds out.

I like Foyth, a lot, and I think he has the attributes to be top class.

Right now, I think he needs games. Lots of them. As regularly as possible.

So Id be looking to loan him out somewhere he will play. I think the Championship would be a good level. A very fast paced and physical league.
Yeah I can imagine that being a great sell to him... yes we understand your Argentina’s first choice right back and we have a clown shoe playing their for us currently but we think you need experienced... off you trot to QPR please...

Yeah I can imagine that being a great sell to him... yes we understand your Argentina’s first choice right back and we have a clown shoe playing their for us currently but we think you need experienced... off you trot to QPR please...

I think games, and lots of them, with the idea of coming back and establishing himself is all the sale needed.

Compared to sitting on our bench and getting an appearance every 10 games...

I cant think of a premier league team where he would get the games. So it would be a bit like Jack Clarke - send him out on loan so he can sit on someone elses bench...

However, in the Championship he will definitely get games - and a steep learning curve. Could be, IMO, one of those situations when he returns to us "a man" kind of thing.

I think games, and lots of them, with the idea of coming back and establishing himself is all the sale needed.

I cant think of a premier league team where he would get the games. So it would be a bit like Jack Clarke - send him out on loan so he can sit on someone elses bench...

However, in the Championship he will definitely get games - and a steep learning curve. Could be, IMO, one of those situations when he returns to us "a man" kind of thing.
Never gonna happen. Good enough to play with Messi but not good enough to replace Johnny Spoonfoot at RB

It's also a lad who needs experience.
The championship is a good league, better than people give credit.

I think you're over estimating the ego involved here

It would be a good move for him

The " I can't think of a Premier league team where he would get games" statement is pretty damning. We want and need top players now. Personally, I don't think he is a good fit for us. Not fast or strong enough to be a top defender. Not creative enough to be a wingback.And overall, lacks good judgement and awareness.

It's also a lad who needs experience.
The championship is a good league, better than people give credit.

I think you're over estimating the ego involved here

It would be a good move for him
I’m just thinking if I’m good enough to start for Argentina I should be good to start in the prem and If players like Aurier can get starts then why can’t I...

The " I can't think of a Premier league team where he would get games" statement is pretty damning. We want and need top players now. Personally, I don't think he is a good fit for us. Not fast or strong enough to be a top defender. Not creative enough to be a wingback.And overall, lacks good judgement and awareness.

Judgement and awareness comes with experience, the key ingredient he lacks.

And it's not damning at all to consider teams in the richest league in the world arent inclined to give youth players for other side's a shot...

I’m just thinking if I’m good enough to start for Argentina I should be good to start in the prem and If players like Aurier can get starts then why can’t I...

Maybe that's how you think, maybe he thinks otherwise?

He just signed a new deal with us, there is committment on both sides. As a development opportunity I see nothing wrong with a loan

Its not like starting for Argentina is the barometer of a quality player either. Much like starting for England.

Back