• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Not sure that's too much of a concern tbh.

I like Davies a lot but I'd personally be much more confident in our defence if he was kept away from a CB role. I know he's covered there in emergencies (and played there for Wales) but I'd much rather we played a trio of right footed CBs than try and shoe-horn Davies in there just because he's predominately left footed. I actually think that doing that would upset the balance more.

Poch does like to have a balance there though

Poch does like to have a balance there though

Sure, and I agree that it's ideal to play a lefty on the left side of either a CB pairing or trio but I would be less worried if Verts was out and we lined up with a natural CB as replacement - even if he was a righty - instead of playing a FB there just because he's left footed.

Anyway, I think Foyth (if/when he signs) will be one for the future unless our first team CBs get decimated with injuries.

Sure, and I agree that it's ideal to play a lefty on the left side of either a CB pairing or trio but I would be less worried if Verts was out and we lined up with a natural CB as replacement - even if he was a righty - instead of playing a FB there just because he's left footed.

Anyway, I think Foyth (if/when he signs) will be one for the future unless our first team CBs get decimated with injuries.

On the basis that 10% of the population are lefties, then unless there is something odd about centre backs which skews the % drastically then there must be many, many CB partnerships where both are right footed

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I would hate to see Son ever play LWB again for us.

Still have nightmares from the semi final.

I rate Son very highly as a forward, football is not a stats game but he scores and sets up, I think he is on a par with Sanchez. Yes we see him miss some sitters but other players do this as well we just do not focus on them as much. I love Son for what he offers going forward.

I'm not massively interested in this kid since we have so many options in front of him. I.e. He won't play much, it is just a gamble which may pay off down the line with a good player or selling him on.

If he comes, I assume there will be some natty nickname about being 'a quarter' or something.

Back