• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Not sure that's quite the case. Poch has affirmed on more than one occasion, including just a few weeks ago, that Onomah remains in his plans. And if he really doesn't rate him, why agree last summer to a new contract that takes him right through to 2021?

That said, I'd concede it's worrying that the England Under 20s World Cup winner has again been sent out on loan to a Championship club. This surely has to be the last-chance saloon for him.

I wouldn’t look too much into contracts.

We kept on giving players like Obika new ones.

He has consistently said Sissoko is in his plans, but we all know if the right offer came in for him he would be gone (and I am someone who doesnt mind the guy). We always renew contracts so we can get the best value on our asset if sold, that isnt an indicator of anything. Hes said he is in his plans and now for the second season running he has gone out on loan for the season. Winks once came through has stayed in the squad and when returns from injury is straight back into the fold, Poch doesnt loan out players season on season if he believes they can add value to our squad. He has decided he'd rather have Amos and Skipp if needed this season, which speaks volumes....
I do fear you could be right.

Luckily we can rely on Gutterboy for accurate and impartial reviews of his performances, from his mates oop norf

I hope/think he will play a lot and excel, but I know nothing of Sheff Weds, their system, who their manager is etc... in fact I couldn't think who the hell SWFC were when I saw the tweet... I was thinking of Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, Sunderland, S......

I do fear you could be right.
Why fear? If he was good enough Poch would be playing him, he has a bit of talent but that’s not enough to fit into our system. There is obviously something there, but not the attributes required to play how Poch wants him to. He might make it elsewhere and good luck to him, but we aren’t missing out....

Why fear? If he was good enough Poch would be playing him, he has a bit of talent but that’s not enough to fit into our system. There is obviously something there, but not the attributes required to play how Poch wants him to. He might make it elsewhere and good luck to him, but we aren’t missing out....
Fear only because I so want him to make it.

Imo he has more than just a bit of talent as you put it. I'd say he has the requisite skill set to become an outstanding CM. But something else seems to have been holding him back.

However I still cling to the fading hope that things will yet work out for him at Wednesday and he'll come back to us in a year's time ready to assume the mantel of the Mousse.

Fear only because I so want him to make it.

Imo he has more than just a bit of talent as you put it. I'd say he has the requisite skill set to become an outstanding CM. But something else seems to have been holding him back.

However I still cling to the fading hope that things will yet work out for him at Wednesday and he'll come back to us in a year's time ready to assume the mantel of the Mousse.
Hopefully the system and his role at SW will be more suited to his skills.

Thought I'd bump this chap up given the question to Poch during todays pre-match interview.

That London.Football Journo Ally Gold asked Poch if we would recall Josh. Poch said he is still injured but at the lodge and yes they are considering the recall but still have 13 days to decide...

I make no bones about it, I think he could be our next Dembele, (granted, mostly on the back of his International performances and the subsequent youtube "make anyone look like a star" highlights reel). I know he's not done enough for his loan clubs consistently but he has drawn admirers...

Interesting few weeks to see if he recovers and gets training time with the first team...

I thought he was getting close to the level required about 18 months ago.
Sadly he just hasn’t kicked on.
Pochettino will give him his best chance of making it!

Thought I'd bump this chap up given the question to Poch during todays pre-match interview.

That London.Football Journo Ally Gold asked Poch if we would recall Josh. Poch said he is still injured but at the lodge and yes they are considering the recall but still have 13 days to decide...

I make no bones about it, I think he could be our next Dembele, (granted, mostly on the back of his International performances and the subsequent youtube "make anyone look like a star" highlights reel). I know he's not done enough for his loan clubs consistently but he has drawn admirers...

Interesting few weeks to see if he recovers and gets training time with the first team...
I think we’re on the same page here. His loan spells have been disappointing though and at some point managerial circumstances and excuses just don’t cut it anymore.

I’d love him to be given a place in our squad for the 2nd half of the season, but I totally understand why people are dubious.

Our loans are usually about letting players learn something different.
How the non stars live or how to handle yourself.
Kane didn't pull up any trees on loan.

Personally I don't see it with Onomah. But we'll see.

Pretty much how i see him as well, of all the young players we have seen make the first team since Poch has been here he has impressed me the least. As you say we will see.

But he has never played CM for us

He has always played a weird AF role

Maybe, but most young players do not always get to play where they want at first do they. My point was that when i saw players like Winks, Skipp etc makes their debue you can see that they have ability, i did/have not seen that for Onomah here, that does not mean he never will show it though..

Back