• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Regardless of whether he makes it to the top, he consistently stands out at youth international level. He has style and vision, in fact everything he does has a touch of class, even his tackling. I remember watching him on occasion dominate our youth sides several years back and have never understood why others have failed to recognise his innate talent.

Regardless of whether he makes it to the top, he consistently stands out at youth international level. He has style and vision, in fact everything he does has a touch of class, even his tackling. I remember watching him on occasion dominate our youth sides several years back and have never understood why others have failed to recognise his innate talent.

mainly because when he plays adult football he has been played wide and was not good

Played in his right position he has looked very good IMO

mainly because when he plays adult football he has been played wide and was not good

Played in his right position he has looked very good IMO
Agreed. But for me his finesse on the ball has always been evident, even when playing poorly and/or out of position, so it's frustrating that until recently others have failed to see that, instead banging on about his supposed lack of effort and/or commitment.

The good news however is his performances both for Villa and at youth internationals are gradually winning his critics round.

Of course I know Davies only became first choice because Rose has been injured but the point I was making is that apart from a couple of performances such as against Mane when we played Liverpool Davies has done really well. He now looks a very good left back. Lets face it if he had under performed Poch would have signed another player because the wing back / full back role is critical to how Poch's teams play. Sure we know he still struggles against rapid pace but overall he has impressed in 2017, sure he was lucky Rose got injured but he has seized his chance
I agree with all that. Maybe I just read your post wrong?

Either way we are in rude health at left back.

On another note, 3 Nigerians in that goal ... Onomah, Abraham and Solanke. The Nigerian Football Federation has a tough job convincing these kids not to play for England. However looking at how the likes of Ehiogu, Agbonlahor, Ameobi, Onuoha fared may be a warning. IF England doesnt make these kids believe they have a future with the team, forget it - they will jump ship. Cant blame them..

On another note, 3 Nigerians in that goal ... Onomah, Abraham and Solanke. The Nigerian Football Federation has a tough job convincing these kids not to play for England. However looking at how the likes of Ehiogu, Agbonlahor, Ameobi, Onuoha fared may be a warning. IF England doesnt make these kids believe they have a future with the team, forget it - they will jump ship. Cant blame them..

Not trying to sound like a pr*ck here but perhaps the Nigerian football federation could you know set up a youth national team in Nigeria and coach players, Maybe they could even find yound Nigerians in Nigeria who like football enough to play it for a living and go and play for Nigerian football teams. Maybe if the people in Nigeria like football enough they would go along to a local stadium and pay to watch men kicking a football about(pointless activity when you stop and think about it)
Then maybe Nigeria would have more players for their national team.

I say this as someone who likes the way African teams play and would happily see one win a world cup. Love how the Germans and the Africans play football, that brick Spain and Italy play you can stick up your arse. Good luck to Africa and all but produce your players.

Agreed. But for me his finesse on the ball has always been evident, even when playing poorly and/or out of position, so it's frustrating that until recently others have failed to see that, instead banging on about his supposed lack of effort and/or commitment.

The good news however is his performances both for Villa and at youth internationals are gradually winning his critics round.

I’ve thought he looked clumsy and lazy playing wide... even made Chadli look energetic

Seeing him play Centre mid he just oozes class for his age IMO

Josh is just 20 years old and you have already written him off, so tell me what did you think of Harry Kane at the same age? I really am curious, did you think think he would become essential to our future, the best striker in the league and a world class player? Did you think at 20 he would win the Golden Boot 2 seasons in a row?

I am not saying he will become a world beater I just think after Harry's achievements we should give our young players a little more time before we right them off
i've never thought kane looked out of place in the premier league and thats the big dffierence to me. you know when kid has a positive influence on the game or not. Kane was one of them who was strong and steady though young, and looked like he could be useful sometime.

if you want more i never did think that nabil bentaleb would make it too -contrary to popular opinion here.

point is we will never really know...what i see is different from what you see... no need to go deeper or more logical because there isn't really anything more to it than that.

Nigerians?.... I thought all 3 were English? When did each of them leave Nigeria to come to the UK?

I’ve thought he looked clumsy and lazy playing wide... even made Chadli look energetic

Seeing him play Centre mid he just oozes class for his age IMO
All I can say is whenever I have watched him he has always put in a shift. Where I would agree though is he has never managed to produce for the senior side the type of form he's shown this year in youth internationals and for Villa.

Then again he's never had a long run of games with the senior side. How many other players have we seen improve out of all recognition once they get a regular berth?

Back