• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Yeah woeful
Didn't create a chance or take one until we played Wycombe
Generally looked unmotivated and lost
Actually looked to me like he didn't know whether to run or hide

In centre mid he looks such the opposite it's scary. He wants the ball and commands the games from what I've seen of this tournament
You forgot the goal he scored against Gillingham. He also came very close to scoring against Villa, when he also impressed in the few minutes he got on the pitch.

A lot of potential reasons. Difficult to know what's actually going on.

I don't think him being unfairly slagged off by a vocal minority of our fans online is much of a concern for Pochettino.

Agreed, but it is a point of interest on this forum

Wasn't he pretty much our best player away at Dortmund the other year as well?

I get the general theme though that he hasn't really shone for the most part in AM, I'm excited to see him play CM next season now though, I think Poch will use him there now.

But if he is sent out on loan, is that the end of his time with us? As there is thought that any players sent out on loan, are sent out as they don't fit Pochettino's future plans.

But if he is sent out on loan, is that the end of his time with us? As there is thought that any players sent out on loan, are sent out as they don't fit Pochettino's future plans.

Nah that's a gutter boy thing

I get his logic but I think their tailoring the approach for every player

I think tbf there is truth in it - but as we have seen in Pochettinos time he isn't as set in stone with all of his ideas as some of our fans are and if our academy produces players quicker than we can find an immediate place in the squad for them then it makes sense to loan them - especially a player like Onomah who looks like he needs a bit of adapting to the demands of senior first team football

I think tbf there is truth in it - but as we have seen in Pochettinos time he isn't as set in stone with all of his ideas as some of our fans are and if our academy produces players quicker than we can find an immediate place in the squad for them then it makes sense to loan them - especially a player like Onomah who looks like he needs a bit of adapting to the demands of senior first team football

Every player has a specific plan which includes training, diet and even sleep

Of their that meticulous I'm sure they are also flexible for each player. If Poch believes that Josh would benefit from a loan he would happily let him go on loan

No - Poch has said explictly that he doesn't trust other coaches with the players he rates/sees has a future.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-talent-loan
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-better-than-a-loan-for-kazaiah-a3486946.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...loans-for-josh-onomah-and-other-a7187891.html

With Dembele's potential winding-down and Dier's use at the back in a 3-4-2-1, there should be plenty of opportunities for both Winks and Onomah next season

No - Poch has said explictly that he doesn't trust other coaches with the players he rates/sees has a future.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-talent-loan
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-better-than-a-loan-for-kazaiah-a3486946.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...loans-for-josh-onomah-and-other-a7187891.html

With Dembele's potential winding-down and Dier's use at the back in a 3-4-2-1, there should be plenty of opportunities for both Winks and Onomah next season

I've read all them previously but I've also seen the tailored plans for players and I'm sure that Poch will flex his approach for each player of it suits

I've read all them previously but I've also seen the tailored plans for players and I'm sure that Poch will flex his approach for each player of it suits

Until I see a player loaned and then not fairly quickly sold, I won't believe it. Lesniak was the most recent case.

True but he only played first team as we had Onomah away with England

But in general, players we've loaned under Poch generally don't survive the next transfer window. Loans are shop windows, not for developing them for our purpose.

Lesniak, Ogilvie, McGee, Miller, Amos, Loft, Harrison and Walkes were the players loaned out last season. I'd be surprised if any of them are still at the club in September

Not with a manager who has a philosophy that you shouldn't outsource the development of your best young players to inferior coaches than himself/his team.

You put too much weight on printed words mate and try make everything black and white, in the real world things change and people adapt over time, even those with strong 'philosophy's', it's what good coaches do.

You put too much weight on printed words mate and try make everything black and white, in the real world things change and people adapt over time, even those with strong 'philosophy's', it's what good coaches do.

It's track record too though.

We've had maybe 20 odd academy players out on loan under Poch. The only one to ever survive more than the very next window was Tom Carroll. Even those that performed well (Pritchard at Brentford, Ward at Rotherham, Ball at Rangers, Fredericks at Boro, Yedlin at Sunderland) were still gone straight away.

Whereas not one of the most highly-rated group (Winks, Onomah, 2CV, Edwards, KWP) has ever been out on loan.

Back