• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think the progress we have made since he came is pretty obvious ( especially over the last few games). He came here to take over a team/players who had lost confidence in themselves, a long injury list, and a couple of unhappy players.

Since then we have obtained a couple of really talented players, seen the progress of a natural star in Tanganga, players returning from long term injurys/illness ( Winks, Dier). There is still work to do but i feel a lot more hopeful then i did when he came here.

I think the progress we have made since he came is pretty obvious ( especially over the last few games). He came here to take over a team/players who had lost confidence in themselves, a long injury list, and a couple of unhappy players.

Since then we have obtained a couple of really talented players, seen the progress of a natural star in Tanganga, players returning from long term injurys/illness ( Winks, Dier). There is still work to do but i feel a lot more hopeful then i did when he came here.
Absolutely. Lost Kane and (even though polarizing, a regular starter) Sissoko to injuries.

We're still some way from where we'd want to be both in terms of performances and results. Both are improving though, the mood is positive again.

Very good job from Mourinho so far for me. Long may it last.

Oh, it will take time to truly warm up to him but it isn't impossible. Results will determine how fans view him.

He's at an interesting stage in his career, a real swing point that will determine whether he moves forward in the game or moves on. In many ways, we're an ideal club for him. Winning trophies with us, after failing to win one after all the promise shown under Pochettino, would be a huge boost to his image.

I'm completely open minded about him but if we get back to winning ways and make top four again, it's hard to see how Spurs fans won't warm up to him a bit.

For now, he's a big, cold, mangy cactus. Like the spiky, time-travelling Shrike from the Hyperion series of books:

l296837.jpg

But he's our big, cold, mangy cactus.

Last edited:
Oh, it will take time to truly warm up to him but it isn't impossible. Results will determine how fans view him.

He's at an interesting stage in his career, a real swing point that will determine whether he moves forward in the game or moves on. In many ways, we're an ideal club for him. Winning trophies with us, after failing to win one after all the promise shown under Pochettino, would be a huge boost to his image.

I'm completely open minded about him but if we get back to winning ways and make top four again, it's hard to see how Spurs fans won't warm up to him a bit.

For now, he's a big, cold, mangy cactus. Like the spiky, time-travelling Shrike from the Hyperion series of books:

l296837.jpg

But he's our big, cold, mangy cactus.

fudge, how old is that book mate? remember reading that series decades ago ..

Re Jose, I'm starting to buy the it's different this time, take a look at the interview where he questioned himself re transfer window, two things stood out for me
- He's under no pressure, his conversation about buying the right long term players for the club and team showed that
- I genuinely think he's enjoying this, a challenge but not the stupid 2nd place will get you fired expectations of a Madrid

I think he wants to manage, he wants to win and he would love nothing better than shoving the chequebook manager narrative down everyone's throat.

To echo your point, he's a snarky basterd, but he's ours ..

The Mourinho effect?

Since he was appointed, the only teams to get more points in the league than us are Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project
The only teams to have conceded fewer are Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Sheffield United and Crystal Palace
The only teams to have scored more are Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Leicester.
So he's won nothing is what you are saying?

To take advantage of the wealth of midfielders it makes sense to find a way to make 3 at the back work.

Just need to get the midfielders the understand their defensive duties more.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Look at his post match interview, it was an adjustment based on lack of players

Match plan was to start with 3 at back, and swap once Dele came in (link role), and it was just a timing thing based on how much time they thought Dele could play.

Back