• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He actually thinks he can teach Aurier and Sissoko not to switch off
Mourinho is bigger than Tottenham – which means his key strength as a manager is finally back in play
https://theathletic.com/1435190/201...s-finally-back-in-play/?source=shared-article

Thought this was an interesting read.
In a way the article linked to answer the question of if Mourinho thinks he can get some of our players to change.

For now he's had a very short time at the club and no possibilities of making changes through transfers.

He's saying the right thing. It's up to the players to respond. Either they buy in to his approach wholeheartedly or they will be gone (most likely they will be unhappy and want out too).

He's giving them the chance to get with his programme. It's fair, most of them at least deserve that chance. I think it's mainly pragmatic though with the transfer window being closed.

He actually thinks he can teach Aurier and Sissoko not to switch off

I dont know about that, Im more inclined to think
1) He has little choice but to use the players he has right now
2) He will be learning from each game and soon enough reach conclusions.

As I said yesterday, if in a couple of months we are still lining up as we are Id be absolutely amazed.

I think this is the "let the players really show themselves (for better/worse) and then we can pull a team out of it" stage of things.

Some players stepping up, others not, or just not good enough, and change will come until he settles on a team he can trust.

Incidentally, upcoming fixtures:

Saturday 7th December Burnley H
Wednesday 11th December Bayern Munich A
Sunday 15th December Wolverhampton Wanderers A
Sunday 22nd December Chelsea H
Thursday 26th December Brighton & Hove Albion H
Saturday 28th December Norwich City A

After Wolves we have a full week between fixtures, all other games are a few days.

I suspect we might see some change going into Chelsea, given a full week and effective mini pre-season

After Wolves we have a full week between fixtures, all other games are a few days.

I suspect we might see some change going into Chelsea, given a full week and effective mini pre-season

I think the 3 Christmas fixtures are rather kind.
A week to prep for Chelsea.
I trust Jose to get ready for Brighton so we don't lose at least.
Norwich you really would hope is a likely 3 points.

Indeed.

I wasnt really focused on the fixtures exactly, rather the time between.

It might be that Jose see's Munich as a nothing game and takes the chance to experiment a bit? Its of no consequence to maybe an opportunity to try something different.

But yes, Wolves and Chelsea are really tough games, but Christmas could be a lot worse!

Assuming the Bayern match is a dead rubber, so we can send the tea lady with Sacramento, we have even more time and can focus on Saturday, Sunday, Sunday... but we all know that Spurs were "even worse" after a week of prep.

The main preparation Spurs needs is for the manager to shout "WAKE THE FACK UP, TRACK YOUR RUNNER, PUSH PUSH PUSH, WAKE UP WAKE UP WAAAAAKE UPPPPP!" in their faces for 90 minutes

Assuming the Bayern match is a dead rubber, so we can send the tea lady with Sacramento, we have even more time and can focus on Saturday, Sunday, Sunday... but we all know that Spurs were "even worse" after a week of prep.

The main preparation Spurs needs is for the manager to shout "WAKE THE FACK UP, TRACK YOUR RUNNER, PUSH PUSH PUSH, WAKE UP WAKE UP WAAAAAKE UPPPPP!" in their faces for 90 minutes
"tell Sissoko the games are on Thursdays" [emoji1787]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

We always seem to get more favourable fixtures over Christmas

IIRC Poch record over Christmas was exemplary too with possibly one draw or defeat in his whole time here

I'm actually pretty disappointed that Mourinho didn't prepare another tactic/formation vs United. I said before the game that he should change it up a bit, because what we have been doing is well known now, and easy to counter. And so it turned out. Aurier gets lots of stick, but he's been asked to stay high up the pitch and basically be a winger.
United exploited this by sticking a player high up on their left side. This forced Sissoko to be more on the right side, which in turn left a gaping hole centrally for Mctominay, which he used to full effect.
It was a tactical blunder from Mourinho, which he should have changed after 10 minutes, but he didn't really do anything until after 60 minutes.
I genuinely expected more from him.

Interesting pots conference.

Will rest at least some players against Bayern to get time on the training ground.

Wants more anger/rage after losing, sadness not enough.

Sissoko not really a central midfielder, but played him there and will again because of a lack of options. Dier seemingly not ready for another start after three starts.

Lo Celso needs time, but not committing on signing him permanently (avoiding the question, not saying that he's not going to want him permanently).

Ndombele not in the right condition to start against United, bit unclear if this was physical fitness overall or some injury concern.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that Mourinho didn't prepare another tactic/formation vs United. I said before the game that he should change it up a bit, because what we have been doing is well known now, and easy to counter. And so it turned out. Aurier gets lots of stick, but he's been asked to stay high up the pitch and basically be a winger.
United exploited this by sticking a player high up on their left side. This forced Sissoko to be more on the right side, which in turn left a gaping hole centrally for Mctominay, which he used to full effect.
It was a tactical blunder from Mourinho, which he should have changed after 10 minutes, but he didn't really do anything until after 60 minutes.
Aurier wasn't actually that attacking I thought, especially not in the first half. He was just not very good.

He is certainly no dummy.
I think he will use Munich as an opportunity to say to fringe/squad players that they can press a starting claim. Will be a fascinating match IMO.
He is hamstrung, just like his predecessor, with a squad in transition. I thought one of the interesting bits of today's presser was when he said he cannot ask for a month off to do "pre-season"...Levy is really, and I mean really, going to have to start giving a manager the players they want at the START of pre-season as opposed to mewling around all summer and chiseling a few quid off for "the deal" which ultimately can cost more than it saves. If he does not break that habit with Mou, the journey will go south very very fast as Mou will not have the patience or loyalty to play the game. I wouldn't blame him BTW.

Levy made a hard decision and chose a distinct path. He now has to play the game by Mou's rules, end of.

Yeah. He is clear about the way forward. Definitely not defensive minded as some have assumed. Praises the clubs set up, but needs pitch time which he hasn't got since arriving.

Recommended watching.

Interesting pots conference.

Will rest at least some players against Bayern to get time on the training ground.

Wants more anger/rage after losing, sadness not enough.

Sissoko not really a central midfielder, but played him there and will again because of a lack of options. Dier seemingly not ready for another start after three starts.

Lo Celso needs time, but not committing on signing him permanently (avoiding the question, not saying that he's not going to want him permanently).

Ndombele not in the right condition to start against United, bit unclear if this was physical fitness overall or some injury concern.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agreed. A tactical gamble by JM which didn’t come off. I was surprised as well that he didn’t fix it much earlier.

Back