• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

fudge off out of my club you clam

I'm supporting Sheffield United for the next year or two until this disaster has played out. A team with identity, youth and verve. Like we were
Whatever, you wont be able to keep off of this forum for a week,let alone stop supporting Spurs:D. And you're not much of a supporter if when a decision is made you dont like, you decide youre not supporting Spurs. Pathetic....

Jose is not my favourite football character bye any means he has been loathsome at times with some of his antics.

but watching the current Spurs performances in the EPL have convinced me we need a kick up the arse and Jose has a big boot!

Last edited:
We are going to be in for some turgid football.
Where have you been, Poch has been sacked now?

Nayim posted a while ago stats showing Mourinhos teams were one of the top scorers everywhere he went if memory serves, this boring defensive football thing is a bit of a myth. Just so happens he knows how to set his teams up to defend aswell - what a terrible attribute to have.....

I hope we don't chant that macaronic "Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho Jose Mourinho" song. We're not the best at inventive songs, but I don't want to feel like a Chelsea fan.

I think it will take a while for any songs to break out.

Mourinho will get our defence sorted and then give freedom to the attacking players. With the likes of Son, Kane, Dele, Lucas Moura etc if they are given freedom as we have defensive stability then they will thrive. It’s how Mourinho gets us defensively solid that’s the question. I can see Vertonghen coming back in to the team alongside Alderweireld with Rose and Aurier as full backs.

Mourinho couldn’t have asked for a better start.

Away to Spammers and then home to Olympiakos and Bournemouth.

No doubt we will qualify on Tuesday and if we pick up 4-6 points from those 2 league games he will have hit the ground running.

STOP BEING WILFULLY IGNORANT.

Poch spoke in riddles when asked questions he didn't like. He was never going to leave after the champions league final. It was an attempt at humour said with a very large smirk on his face.

Did you ever watch one of his press conferences FFS?

If what you say is right (and I’m not sure it is - I think it was more about letting other clubs know he was available) then surely it shows a terrible naivety on Poch’s part. Didn’t he realise how the press would spin such statements, smirk or not? If the rumours are correct, it seems that it seriously p.issed off a lot of the squad too.

I was gutted when Jol left but I could see the point. It took a while but we finally got the right manager.
And now we bloody sack that manager for yesterday's "big name"?!
Levy is a dingdong. Small time meteorology to care so much about signing a manager with pedigree.
Who cares if he's won stuff? This doesn't make Spurs a "bigger" club because he deigned to come to us.
fudge Levy.
Poch needed more assurance with the squad. Get rid of players, bring new ones in. Make deals! Eriksen shouldn't have stayed.

Levy does the same thing every time. He will inevitably fall short of Mou's expectations and leave us chasing Steve Bruce in a couple of years.

I’m guessing you’re a ‘glass half empty’ type?

No doubt we will qualify on Tuesday and if we pick up 4-6 points from those 2 league games he will have hit the ground running.
And then away at United !!!

And if that is how it plays out, it's a credit to Levy.

Very strange 24 twelve hours and I feel conflicted. I can see why Poch was sacked and it is a brave and early move by Levy considering the amount he had to pay out. I still love the man though and agree with the person who said he will be higher on big clubs' lists than Mourinho. They will give him a chance, he deserves one. It will be painful if that big club is Man U but I think we all should be braced for that. I think it may very well happen if Madrid aren't interested or the timescale doesn't work out with them. Timescale looks like fitting with Man U. Saying that doesn't mean Poch is better than Mourinho for us in the short term though, and football is a short term sport these days

I wanted us to go for a big time winner, so I prefer this to Howe, Rogers or even the Leipzig or Ajax managers. The problem is I'm not sure Mourinho is a true winner anymore. He seems more and more burnt out. His powers have been waning for some time, you can see the general trend and those are hard to change. I guess it's a case of seeing how much he has left in the tank. I'm not sure he has a personality that can learn or change. He seems shady and egotistical but even an 18 month reaction to him in our squad could be powerful in terms of trophies before the inevitable implosion. I hope he can give us that, longer than two/three years is clearly fool's gold. I think the damage of his implosions can be overstated. I don't think we are in a Chelsea situation where he will sell off young talents like Salah and De Bruyne. I hope he still has this ability to trigger quick unity but even that I feel a little doubtful of. The pressure will be less on him here though and maybe that will help him, if he gets CL for a couple of years (which is very doable with this squad - I would say is even still possible this season) and we have the bonus of his one off prowess in cup games then he might not lose his brick as fast as he did at Man U. I hate the man, think he is utter poison but I don't know him personally and players and other managers speak highly of him. I can see why Levy has chosen him, I would have much preferred Ancelotti or Allegri but at least the appointment isn't another up and comer with everything to prove.

We couldn't go on with Poch, it's clear the players weren't with him for the last three months. We'll have a better crack at the two cups left this season with Mourinho than Poch (maybe even a prime Poch). I honestly don't care too much about the football if we win something. I wasn't pleased with the Redknapp appointment but that worked out well (despite what people like to peddle on this site) maybe Mourinho will be similar. I'm certainly interested to see what happens.

Back