• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He's definitely got himself a new fan after hugging and high-fiving that ballboy who set up our equaliser
Have you seen the one of him walking through the tunnel high fiving the whole teams worth of mascots? He loves to play the pantomime villain and has obviously made mistakes, but a true clam he isn’t. There are so many in football who know him and say what a great guy he is, including the likes of Conte who had heated rows with him yet still talk about him in high esteem. I like the fact he has that edge to him, someone who wasn’t a complete mr nice guy was needed and as a player you will never be allowed to get comfortable or you’ll face the chop. I for one am glad he’s here, we are lucky to have someone of his calibre....

Have you seen the one of him walking through the tunnel high fiving the whole teams worth of mascots? He loves to play the pantomime villain and has obviously made mistakes, but a true clam he isn’t. There are so many in football who know him and say what a great guy he is, including the likes of Conte who had heated rows with him yet still talk about him in high esteem. I like the fact he has that edge to him, someone who wasn’t a complete mr nice guy was needed and as a player you will never be allowed to get comfortable or you’ll face the chop. I for one am glad he’s here, we are lucky to have someone of his calibre....
In that video above, he does specifically say that people don't really know him because the match face, the interviewed character, the pre and post-game man is not a true or complete picture of him at all.
Whereas it did seem with someone like Poch, we were seeing more of the real person.

Post match with BT is interesting

- Covered the Dier call, talks about their confidence, says data on players from West Ham showed them fatigued
- Said maybe he should have used a few more fresh legs
- Admitted the plan was to press higher (I think we don't defend well when we press high, probably why we got exposed early)

Last edited:
Finally... a tactical substitution early enough to make an impact on the game. What a breath of fresh air!

Exactly what I thought. Personally once I saw Eriksen strapping up in the 26 minute i thought we were going to pull Aurier off and go a back three. Dier hadn't done much wrong but the fact was we were poorly set up against a fired up team. Having the guts to make those kind of decisions, that early, makes me comfortable we've improved our coaching set up.

Post match with BT is interesting

- Covered the Dier call, talks about their confidence, says data on players from West Ham showed them fatigued
- Said maybe he should have used a few more fresh legs
- Admitted the plan was to press higher (I think we don't defend well when we press high, probably why we got exposed early)

good post match interview. More analytical than we usually hear. Interesting.

Have to say, I find the repeated jokes about the Amazon show telling. This is something that was a point of contention for Poch but José is showing / telling that he is the guy for the glamour club Levy wants us to be. Where as it may have been intrusive to the collective for Poch, Jose is comfortable in the spotlight.

if this is how our club is going to be - taking the PR opportunities, and wringing what we can out of top players rather than moving them on for the sake of the collective, we probably do need José to help us on that way, however long it lasts for. This is the way the club is now.

also things like ‘I was a brilliant ballboy’. It’s that arrogance, and belief that you are better. I have been thinking that part of the reason I felt so connected to the club through Poch was because of how he operated, his values, and how the last few months with the club changing around him must have been difficult. I think we could have made it to the top with Poch if we did it his way, because he was ruthless in his own way and it just so happened he had less control over the club than he thought he had. But we have José, and he’s a bit of an arrogant bastard. But if we aren’t going to focus on the collective, we’re just going to need well paid players who do this to win, and are embarrassed when they don’t. And maybe it takes a bit of a bastard to motivate those kinds of players.

it’s like how Real Madrid survive despite having players like Bale so clearly not care about the club. They are all there for the money, their brand, their careers, but they do need to win. We will have to be the same. We have to be careful, and every so often I think we need to reset in some kind of team spirit, and core. And it will be motivating in a different way.

ironically the perfect ‘big club’ for Poch would be Barca if he’d ever go, because they do seem to win a lot while being more focussed on the collective than most others.

Still can't get used to the fella being our manager. Don't know why. Is he too big for us? Is he too much of a c**t? Is he the antithesis of everything we stand for? Dunno. Just takes getting used to and I say that as someone who has massive respect for Mourinho.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about Poch going. I got fed up of him for a while with some of the crap he spouted and I posted some fairly harsh things about him that probably went too far. But he just seemed to be ours. It was a perfect fit, destined for great things together and it just went wrong somewhere along the way. And I've no clue when or why, I just know I still feel a sadness, sorrow and confusion that he's gone. However, whatever we achieve with Mourinho, Poch will deserve a large slice of the credit and I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the stuff I'm seeing posted about him (some here but mainly on other boards).

I like what he said about his half-time talk: " For me it had to be a soft version of myself because it was a bit of a surprise to me. I felt that the players' self-esteem and self confidence, they were playing at home with not the best results, probably with the Bayern game behind their thoughts. I felt that they were in need of some love at that time and not The Critical One. I felt there needed to be more of an emotional balance."

Hopefully this is going to be the same Mourinho we will be talking about 2 years from now. Now if he gets that defense sorted out, we could end up having an unexpectedly pleasant season.

Back