• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I do understand your point mate i really do, i/we all loved Poch and i have always said on here we should have given him more time ( at least to the end of the season). There is no doubt that he has/did a GREAT job here and without a doubt i do not think we would be in the position we are now if Levy had not given him the job.

However life goes on and i have always believed that Jose is probably one of the best managers/coaches we have seen in the Prem and i never gone along with the hate that followed him around by some fans and among some papers. I have been lucky enough to have attended meetings when he has given talks to the FA coaches and his knowledge of players and formations is up their with the best.

I know for sure that during his time out of the game ( since Utd) he has travelled and attended all sorts of places trying to extend that knowledge. Will he bring us the trophys that we all want for our great club? who know but if i am being honest i really believe that he is the best man to do so.

Indeed. Well put in many ways. I will always believe that patience would’ve seen Poch be our SAF, but there is little doubt that modern football genuinely does not sustain that model anymore. The finances involved won’t allow it. And in that sense, it is probably naive to believe that any club anywhere works on such a model. Given the modern game, current demands and marquee value, Levy has achieved a lot this past week, whatever the perceived values!

There's no need for it to get toxic providing Levy carries out the manager's wishes and brings in at least two thirds or his top targets and sells the players that the manager instructs he wants rid of and does so nearer to the front than the back of the transfer window. It is why I am desperate for us to get a Director of Football as I just can't see those things happening otherwise.

To do that requires not only a willingness to sell but for another club to make a halfway decent offer and for the player to agree to leave. Those last two are not in Levy's or Jose's control

Agreed, it was/is an excellent point. In fairness to Mourinho, it is probably the last area of managerial knowledge he needed to tune up.

He's always been able to turn on the charm and have the press eating out of his hand. I think that a lot of the nastiness that tends to be a characteristic of his last few months at a club is intentional. I think that he looks to protect his reputation by shifting blame elsewhere, the other reason he does it is to protect the players by creating something else for the press to talk about.

He's always been able to turn on the charm and have the press eating out of his hand. I think that a lot of the nastiness that tends to be a characteristic of his last few months at a club is intentional. I think that he looks to protect his reputation by shifting blame elsewhere, the other reason he does it is to protect the players by creating something else for the press to talk about.

I think that is a very good ( and true) point, Jose from what i am lead to believe from players who have played for him is that he will always try and deflect any criticism from those players by putting himself up for shooting at. Does not mean he will not be honest about certain players but he tries to take as much flack away from them as he can.

Agreed. It does seem as though he is about to enter another level of media management though. In a sense he would have to as the parameters of this job are unlike any he will ever have experienced...

Not sure if this has been posted already, but a good article on Mourinho's stats as a manager/coach.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50486144
Those stats are ridiculous. Equally ridiculous is the fact we haven’t won a trophy since 2008. Interesting that during his apparently disastrous spell as Man U manager he had same points per game ratio as Poch. Let’s support him and he will take us to the next level....

Those stats are ridiculous. Equally ridiculous is the fact we haven’t won a trophy since 2008. Interesting that during his apparently disastrous spell as Man U manager he had same points per game ratio as Poch. Let’s support him and he will take us to the next level....

This will underpin the good works of Pochettino over the past 4 years or so imho.

I'm sure he said that himself early on in his career - that or someone who knew him let it slip.

Changed the thread title to reflect a new direction in conversation regarding this topic.

It seems to me like Mourinho is going to look to his first era Chelski set up in terms of how he deploys us. I don't think we will be quite as defensive as some of his previous sides.
Thoughts?

I always thought Mourinho played tight football, attacking when needed.
He wins because he is not wasteful and precise in how he allocates his resources.
Was Real Madrid defensive or did they ever park the bus under him?

Too early to tell right now I guess as we still need to resettle the team with contracts running out, deadwood etc. However I am convinced that he has bought into the To Dare is to Do, and Glory Glory ambitions. Or at least Levy would have made it clear to him about it.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And the managers before him. AVB, Redknapp, Ramos, Jol all took us all forwards in some way. Its mourinho, and there will be another. We are still on a great trajectory as a football club. We only need to reach CL regularly, win something and get healthy sponsorship deals to take us to the top level of football - where top players want to join us.
This will underpin the good works of Pochettino over the past 4 years or so imho.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well I was shocked really, away for work I go to sleep to news Poch has left and wake to the news that Jose is here.

Lets see how it all goes

Back