• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Stones

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Not saying we are buying him but he is a player I would love to see in our colours this summer. Looks to be the next really good English defender come through and think he has the leadership qualities we lack. The next Terry but for Englands sake I hope without the clamy side of him.

Would probably cost a lot but worth it if you ask me.

Too late now. If/when he leaves it will be to a mega bucks club.

The time to get Stone was three years ago - hence the need for an improved scouting system.

Too late now. If/when he leaves it will be to a mega bucks club.

The time to get Stone was three years ago - hence the need for an improved scouting system.

i did not realize he came from Barnsley - i thought he was an Everton youth player

He's got "Terry replacement" written all over him as far as I'm concerned. And Everton will gladly wait for Chelsea to come in and pay a massive fee for him.

Edit:
Not that I think Terry and Stones are similar players, they're not.

He'll be a much better player than Terry. I've never seen an English defender so composed on the ball.

Stones and Dier will be England CBs at the 2018 and 2022 WCs IMO

There is/was NEVER any chance we could sign Stones. If he carries on to fulfill his promise, he'll be going to the very top - if/when he leaves Everton...

I would have offered them a package for 30m, involving Lennon
Sadly, I don't think even that would be enough. Chelsea would bid the same (or probably a bit more), and he would go there. Stones got everything to be a brilliant CB the next 15 years, would love to have him in our club.

Sadly, I don't think even that would be enough. Chelsea would bid the same (or probably a bit more), and he would go there. Stones got everything to be a brilliant CB the next 15 years, would love to have him in our club.
Hopefully at least one of Milos and CCV will be good enough to mean we don't need to spend big on many central defenders for a while. It'll be a couple of years before they are ready for first team squad membership I suppose.

Hopefully at least one of Milos and CCV will be good enough to mean we don't need to spend big on many central defenders for a while. It'll be a couple of years before they are ready for first team squad membership I suppose.
Yeah, it often takes a bit time to develop as a CB, but I've seen a lot of people having high hopes for both of them. Havent seen CCV a lot, but I like the look of Veljkovic.

Personally I like the look of how Dier has improved already after one season and I think he will step up massively over the next few season given time

He is quick enough and comfortable on the ball too

We should have gone for the lad prior to signing Wimmer, but now that we've got four CBs with CCV and Milos waiting in the wings...I think we're done in terms of incoming centre-halves for now, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Is stones being hyped up though on the basis of a lack of current decent first team English centre backs??!

He looks good and potentially very good but he made some mistakes at Everton too last season and was sometimes not starting behind he likes of Alcaraz who looked awful.

Is stones being hyped up though on the basis of a lack of current decent first team English centre backs??!

He looks good and potentially very good but he made some mistakes at Everton too last season and was sometimes not starting behind he likes of Alcaraz who looked awful.

You could be right after all young English players are always hyped up when they first come on the scene, and the list of those that never obtained the greatness is a long one. Stones may go on and become a very good player but he may not.

He'll be a much better player than Terry. I've never seen an English defender so composed on the ball.

Stones and Dier will be England CBs at the 2018 and 2022 WCs IMO
Your first sentence is a HUGE statement to make. I will be extremely surprised if Stones ends up as good as Terry has been for a number of years.

He could be the next Terry

He could be the next Titus Bramble

I prefer to judge a player after I've seen them a lot and over a few seasons

I personally think Shaw is massively over rated for example but I've only seen him play 10 times probably. I can see the potential but I can see the lack of experience and flaws in his style

With stones I have seen some mistakes but I haven't seen flaws in his game otter than the lack of experience. I knew comparing an attacking full back to a centre back isn't fair but stones to me looks a better player than shaw did last season.

However I think Dier has looked arguably as good as Stones this season in a new league, with a new coach and in a period of transition. Don't forget this is a foreign league for Dier too

He could easily step up to be a top drawer defender or he could stagnate. Who knows. I do however think that stones and dier will be England players in the foreseeable future and I'm appalled that Dier isn't in the under 21 squad

Back