• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John McDermott - new Technical Director

I see that after chasing McDermott, Man Utd have now appointed Nicky Butt as the head of their academy.
He was always in line for that role.... They wanted McDermott to work underneath Butt (oo'er!) I thought the offer was a bit of an insult to John to be honest. Good to see that he chose autonomy and responsibility over money.

It looks like it is Sherwood's and not Baldini's old job

CbDLFzTW4AEZSWy.png

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-10-february-2016

Doesn't quite sound like Sherwood's old job to me? Was Sherwood in charge of everything below the first team? If so he was effectively McDermott's boss...

At the very least it seems like McDermott is having more influence than Sherwood had, but that's perhaps also because of how our head coach now handles things?

stole our famous glory glory hallelujah
....mind you arse are the worst...bloody infiltrating virus...;)

All that Arsenal are 'is down the road' and the biggest underachievers in the EPL considering thier huge resources.
Man U are about as interesting - they will be trying to by Barcalona lock stock and barrel, next season, to see if that works. :cool:

What makes you think that? Not enough players crossing the bridge??

It could just be the quality of the intake and Poch takes some of the blame for not loaning players out or selling unwanted academy players quick enough but the quality of the academy has dropped a little over the last couple of years.

It could just be the quality of the intake and Poch takes some of the blame for not loaning players out or selling unwanted academy players quick enough but the quality of the academy has dropped a little over the last couple of years.

We've also struggled with having academy coaches and staff poached. I wonder if we're best starting afresh this summer.

Ugo died
John is leaving

Educate me; do we still have Scott Parker and Ryan Mason?

Would that Sporting Director from Lille have an input into this I wonder...

Ugo died
John is leaving

Educate me; do we still have Scott Parker and Ryan Mason?

Would that Sporting Director from Lille have an input into this I wonder...

Parker is at Fulham, Mason is still around.

Back