• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Job site recommendations

thingonaspring

Radek Cerny
Yes, jobsite is one in itself. But not looked for a new role for nearly 10 years. What's the "go to" site for tech jobs these days?

Had a look at a couple, but they all seemed to have a billion listings for recruitment agencies who seem to advertise jobs that are poached from other recruitment agencies even, rather than directly...

Games/Front End UI developer - that kind of role. Cheers

Yes, I find 95% of job advertised on jobs sites don't actually exist. They are just agencies fishing for your contact details.

Personally I prefer making speculative approaches to places I'd like to work. Don't they reckon something like 70% of jobs are never actually advertised

Yes, I find 95% of job advertised on jobs sites don't actually exist. They are just agencies fishing for your contact details.

Personally I prefer making speculative approaches to places I'd like to work. Don't they reckon something like 70% of jobs are never actually advertised

Maybe a silly question but whats the rationale behind them just wanting your contact details

Maybe a silly question but whats the rationale behind them just wanting your contact details

Data can be sold for all types of things. But mainly to tell companies - 'we've got X thousand jobseekers on our books', advertise with us. Then they will send you through hundreds of low-paid casual jobs (telesales) which have absolutely nothing to do with your skills/professional interests.

Data can be sold for all types of things. But mainly to tell companies - 'we've got X thousand jobseekers on our books', advertise with us. Then they will send you through hundreds of low-paid casual jobs (telesales) which have absolutely nothing to do with your skills/professional interests.

I see. Basically just spam.

thanks for the answers, will be checking them out! so many calls and mails from agencies already. ugh.
had to take my phone number off my cv.

Be wary of job recruiters and agencies. They are just like estate agents. All c u next tuesdays. They will sell the job to you even though it could be a pile of brick. They all work on commission so they don't care about you, only being the agency that gets the person into the job as they'll be competing with other agencies for the same job.

Don't ever trust them. Again, just like estate agents.

Like GB said, try another approach. The job I am starting in a few weeks was advertised directly via their website so I applied there. You're cutting out the agency fees which can be anything from 10-30% of your salary so if you go down that route you're more likely to get the job (should they like you) against someone that has gone down the agency route.

Yep cheers! - I have a suspicious email about a job based literally where I live! I presume it's made-up or a work from home job. Which may not be a bad thing... but I ignored most contact already :D and will do.

Has anyone used https://angel.co or https://whoishiring.io before? look interesting...

I will have to start investigating "local" companies. would love to work from home actually, come to think of it...

Try job serve as well, I get a lot of roles from there.
Agencies also use your cv to see what companies you have worked for and to cold call them for work

Also ping me your details over, just where you are roughly based and the type of skills you have.
I'm just about to kick of some dev work for a government dept and we might need a UI developer
No promises but you never know

Back