• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jimmy Greaves MBE

Long, and probably frustrating, road ahead with recovery and rehabilitation I'm sure. But good news that he's out of intensive care...

To think of being able to sit up in bed is as a big step in the right direction. Adds a certain perspective.

From SSN today :-

Former Tottenham, Chelsea, West Ham and England forward Jimmy Greaves, who suffered a stroke at the beginning of May, has left hospital and gone into a rehabilitation unit.

Greaves' agent posted a statement on social media revealing that the 75-year-old would be in rehab for a few weeks but his condition had improved considerably. The statement said: "Jimmy has left hospital and entered a rehabilitation unit for the next few weeks. He has improved considerably but there is still a very long way to go."

"We are still getting lots of people asking how he is on a daily basis. Famous friends and fans alike have all been fantastic. Jim wants me to thank everyone for their concern and the love you have all shown him and I'm sure you will all continue to do so. Thanks everyone."​

The former England and Tottenham striker Jimmy Greaves is “feeling good” as he recovers from a severe stroke.

The 75-year-old was admitted to intensive care on 3 May but left hospital just over a month later and is now in a rehabilitation unit.

Greaves, who also suffered a minor stroke in 2012, received messages of support from across the football world after it emerged he had been hospitalised and he is now determined to get as well as he can.

“I should be dead,” he told the Sunday People. “But I’m here and I’m fighting fit. Now I want to live until I’m at least 90.

“Hopefully there’s a few years left in me yet. I’ve promised my grandkids I’ll go and watch them play rugby and hockey when they go back to school so I’ve got to get better.”

He added: “I’d like to be a bit better but I’m taking every day as it comes and I’m feeling good. I’m much better than I was. I’m getting my speech back and I can move my right leg now. I haven’t got any feeling in my right arm but my left arm and hand are absolutely fine so I can still sign my autograph perfectly.

“I’m a long way from being back to my best and I don’t know whether I can ever get back to it, but I’m determined to do everything I can. I’m a fighter.

“Every day is a new day. The doctors reckon after a year if something isn’t working it’ll never work. I’ve got another nine months until then and I’ve come on a lot already so hopefully it’ll come.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/28/jimmy-greaves-feeling-good-severe-stroke

Surely the club will simply pay for it? All time leading scorer etc....

Nah didn't think so either.

Considering the fact that he was the greartest goal scorer in our history I think our club should stop fannying around and the sort out £30K (or whatever the amount needed) pronto. Heck we are still playing Adebayor £100K a week and we were playing Benny's wages for yonks before we cut him lose. Greaves deserves better from our club. And I am not talking about the Tribute Trust but rather Tottenham Hotspur FC. If they don't it is downright scandalous

Back