• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

Of course I forgot its only Prem goals that matter :rolleyes:

Well considering he doesn't do anything else on the pitch what other way is there to judge the guy?

In all of 2013 he managed 1 league goal.
8 Goals against Dinamo Tbilisi, Tromso, Sherrif and Anzhi dont cut it when you have that sort of League form.

Even Tim Sherwood, who is completely biased towards "decent English lads" wouldn't play him in the end.

Well considering he doesn't do anything else on the pitch what other way is there to judge the guy?

In all of 2013 he managed 1 league goal.
8 Goals against Dinamo Tbilisi, Tromso, Sherrif and Anzhi dont cut it when you have that sort of League form.

Even Tim Sherwood, who is completely biased towards "decent English lads" wouldn't play him in the end.

We are not going to agree are we, goals win games and he has scored 143 for us but silly old me its only the ones in the Prem ( 91) that count.

I think we'd all have preferred him on the bench this season than not.

I dunno, he has previous of chipping off when he's not starting games (why he left don't forget), I don't think that would have been helpful with Kane's slow start.

Sunderland's Jermain Defoe vows to help Tottenham win league by beating Leicester

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe is determined to help former club Tottenham win the league by beating Leicester next week.

Sunderland take on the league leaders next Saturday desperate for three points to help their own relegation battle, but Defoe also has an eye on how a victory would affect the top of the table.

Spurs lie five points behind Leicester with seven games remaining and need Claudio Ranieri's side to slip up if they are to claim a first league title since 1961.

And Defoe, who scored 143 goals in two spells at Spurs before leaving in the summer of 2014, told Sunderland's official website: "Leicester are a great team. What they've done there this year is an unbelievable story.

"But I'd like to win that game - and then at the end of the season we're safe and Tottenham win the league."

Defoe has 12 goals in 26 games this season and believes his good form can secure Sunderland's Premier League status for another season.

"Five of our eight matches are at home and that's important. As players we've got to perform - it's as simple as that. It's a lot of pressure but the rewards are so big.

"On a personal note, I'd like to just keep scoring goals and help the club be back in the Premier League next season."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...elp-tottenham-win-league-by-beating-leicester

------------------------------------------------------------

So, we need to rely on our legion of former players to help our league title race. Defoe, Sigurdsson and Lennon can really help us if they can score a goal each against Leicester. All 3 of them have been in good goal scoring form this season. Defoe has scored 12 goals for Sunderland, Sigurdsson 10 goals for Swansea while Lennon has scored 5 goals for Everton this season. Just wish they can get at least 1 goal each when their clubs play Leicester in their remaining matches.

I'd even hope for an Adebayor goal for CP against them.... even a Michael Carrick goal for Man U against the Foxes if we're stretching the point!

Same. Really wish he didn't leave to play for Toronto. That was such a schoolboy error from JD at the time, one I think he may have regretted as he missed out on a World Cup squad place.

I agree, he has scored 36 goals in 80 games for a brick Sunderland side it makes you wonder how many he would have got playing for a better side.

I agree, he has scored 36 goals in 80 games for a brick Sunderland side it makes you wonder how many he would have got playing for a better side.
Makes you wonder how he would have done for a United or an Arsenal at the time if we hadn't have signed him? They were miles ahead of us when we signed him, can you imagine how many goals he would have scored if they had have used him to his ability?

Back