• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

My fondest memory of Defoe was him leaving us for first team football after we cup tied him in the FA Cup.

We went on to win the Carling Cup that year and Portsmouth, the club we sold him too, won the FA Cup.

How's your luck Jermain?

Seriously though, to get rid of Altidiore and bring Defoe in is outstanding business.

Seriously though, to get rid of a dismal poser like Defoe was and get Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco in is equally outstanding business. Yeah, Toronto took the money in this deal from Sunderland and signed the latter from Juventus. Joins in July. Altidore will rejoin with his good friend and USA midfield star Michael Bradley and get the service he needs to play the way he can.

Defoe will be a millstone for Sunderland. He'll be injured in no time and taking treatment in London while making 'come-and-get-me' eyes at Alan Pardew. The Mackems will hate him.

Last edited:
Seriously though, to get rid of a dismal poser like Defoe was and get Jozy Altidore and Sebastian Giovinco in is equally outstanding business. Yeah, Toronto took the money in this deal from Sunderland and signed the latter from Juventus. Joins in July. Altidore will rejoin with his good friend and USA midfield star Michael Bradley and get the service he needs to play the way he can.

Defoe will be a millstone for Sunderland. He'll be injured in no time and taking treatment in London while making 'come-and-get-me' eyes at Alan Pardew. The Mackems will hate him.

Defoe will be home sick before long.

It was only his first game back yesterday, but still looked poor and our defence dealt with him with ease

Jermain Defoe has scored against ALL 20 Premier League clubs, so here's a look back at his best goals against them
By DAN RIPLEY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:09 GMT, 9 February 2015 | UPDATED: 14:51 GMT, 9 February 2015

Jermain Defoe's goal against Swansea City on Saturday completed the pack for the Sunderland striker as it saw him ensure he had scored against every current Premier League club.

The former England striker, who made his top flight debut with West Ham in 2001, has since scored goals for the Hammers, Tottenham, Portsmouth and the Black Cats in the top flight.

Here Sportsmail picks out his most memorable strikes and landmark goals against current Premier League teams.

Manchester United 0-1 West Ham (8/12/01)
Just three days after scoring his first top flight goal at Upton Park, Defoe stunned the Premier League when he headed home at Manchester United to help the Hammers record a shock 1-0 win at the champions.

West Ham 2-0 Sunderland (22/3/03)
Defoe scored his last Upton Park Premier League goal for West Ham in a 2-0 win against his current outfit Sunderland.

Tottenham 4-5 Arsenal (13/11/04)
Spurs would go on to lose the north London derby to Arsenal 5-4, but Defoe scored one of the goals of the season after charging inside the box and firing across goal with power into the top corner.

Tottenham 5-1 Southampton (18/12/04)
Defoe netted his first Premier League hat-trick against the Saints as Spurs crushed the south coast outfit at White Hart Lane.

Portsmouth 1-1 Chelsea (2/2/08)
After joining Portsmouth mid-season from Spurs, Defoe netted on his Pompey debut, equalising in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

Portsmouth 2-0 Tottenham (28/9/08)
Defoe has only ever scored once against Spurs, and it came from the penalty spot as the striker showed his former club just what they were missing - prompting the north London outfit to resign him in the next transfer widow.

Hull 1-5 Tottenham (19/08/09)
On the way to helping Tottenham qualify for the Champions League, Defoe netted a hat-trick at Hull in his first full season back at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool (18/9/11)
On an afternoon when Spurs ran riot over Liverpool, Defoe was at his deadly best to hold off, then turn Jose Enrique before unleashing a powerful drive into the bottom corner.

Tottenham 3-1 West Ham (25/11/12)
Defoe has scored six goals against West Ham in his career and two of them came in this game, with the striker at his best when driving forward with a solo run before firing a ferocious strike in at the near post from 25 yards.

Tottenham 3-1 Emirates Marketing Project (21/4/13)
Spurs were struggling for long periods at a goal down to Emirates Marketing Project, but a late comeback against the champions saw Defoe give Spurs a lead at 2-1 with a fine strike across goal after cutting inside.

Tottenham 2-0 Crystal Palace (11/1/14)
Defoe was already set to leave Tottenham before playing Palace, but on his penultimate game for the club, the striker came off the bench to find the back of the net and wave goodbye to Spurs fans in perfect style with his last goal for the club.

Jermain Defoe's full scoring record against Premier League clubs
Wigan Athletic 10 (goals)
Blackburn Rovers 7
Charlton Athletic 7
Emirates Marketing Project 7
Aston Villa 6

Fulham 6
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 6
Portsmouth 6
West Ham United 6
Birmingham City 5
Chelsea 5
Manchester United 5

Middlesbrough 4
Southampton 4
Sunderland 4
West Bromwich Albion 4

Wolverhampton Wanderers 4
Everton 3
Hull City 3

Reading 3
Arsenal 2
Bolton Wanderers 2
Crystal Palace 2
Ipswich Town 2
Leicester City 2
Liverpool 2
Stoke City 2

Blackpool 1
Burnley 1
Derby County 1
Norwich City 1
Queens Park Rangers 1
Swansea City 1
Tottenham Hotspur 1

Teams in bold are current Premier League sides

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ok-best-goals-against-them.html#ixzz3RGarDG9w

-------------------------------------------------------

Big credit to Defoe for scoring his second league goal in 3 matches since joining Sunderland. Nice to see him still being clinical in front of goal even at 32. Also, it is amazing to know that he is the only player to have scored against all the current 20 clubs in the PL. RVP is his closest rival with 19 clubs. Looking at his memorable goals listed above, who can forget his wonder goal against Arsenal during the 4-5 defeat under Jol ? But too bad that they didn't include his 5 goals when we beat Wigan 9-1 in 2010.

Will always like Defoe. Gave his all every game and was always desperate to score. A little limited. But one hell of a shot and he did love to rub the spammers noises in it.

Indeed, and imo a player we let go to soon( 15 goals this season in a crap team).

At the time I thought it was the best move for both parties, but we could absolutely do with him now as a reliable backup for Kane. I don't like to spin what ifs, but the chances we have missed may potentially cost us the title, he might have been the difference. I'd take him back next season without thinking about it.

At the time I thought it was the best move for both parties, but we could absolutely do with him now as a reliable backup for Kane. I don't like to spin what ifs, but the chances we have missed may potentially cost us the title, he might have been the difference. I'd take him back next season without thinking about it.

He would have be a good backup to Kane this season.

Agree with both of you :)

Disagree completely, in his last season for us he scored 10 goals in 22 games.

I would still have him back. Could get starts in Cup matches and the odd league match here and there, but would be a good option coming off the bench late in the game.
Not saying he would have won us the match today,but would have been something different for the opposition to think about

I would still have him back. Could get starts in Cup matches and the odd league match here and there, but would be a good option coming off the bench late in the game.
Not saying he would have won us the match today,but would have been something different for the opposition to think about

Without a doubt so would I, he would be perfect ( as you say) coming of the bench in the last 30 mins or so.

Back