• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jeremy Toljan

Yeah he's a left back (though right-footed)

So potentially Rose's cover if Davies moves to LCB? A more reasonably priced Sessegnon

I don't think a player that has potential like sessegnon should be judged on price.

Can this player go on to be what we all think the Fulham youngster will be in the future?

Yeah he's a left back (though right-footed)

So potentially Rose's cover if Davies moves to LCB? A more reasonably priced Sessegnon

Nah. He apparently played right-back for Hoffenheim last season, and sees it as his permanent position going forward (although I can't quite remember where I read this).

At best, he's multi-faceted and can play both wings without issue - if so, he could be used in the way you describe, as Rose's backup while Davies shifts to LCB. But it's more likely that he'd be a straight-up competitor to Trippier at RB.

Agreed on the 'reasonably-priced' part - even without knowing much about him, a star of the U-21 Euros from the Bundesliga, and from a team that finished in a Champions League spot...to get a player of that profile for 3.1m is pretty damn good, if true, even if his qualities remain rather murky.

Looked good at the u21 Euros when I watched them (twice I think). Even though we had no reported interest in him at the time he stood out a bit in my opinion.

Looked good at the u21 Euros when I watched them (twice I think). Even though we had no reported interest in him at the time he stood out a bit in my opinion.

What's his playing style like, in your opinion? Straight up potential replacement for Walker, or something different?

Sounds like a classic Levy deal. Mind you, if he was English and coming from a PL team, he'd be £15m

A bunch of papers coming out saying we could get him for just 3.1m quid, because he's in the last year of his contract.

That *can't* be right. If so, and if he really is any good, that would be one of the best goddamn bargains this window.

Think agent might be using Spurs to help player?

Think agent might be using Spurs to help player?

Quite possible. On the other hand, I believe Hoffenheim's sporting director has also said something about us being in for him - difficult to square that with just agent talk, since it doesn't exactly benefit Hoffenheim to let him go for such a seemingly cheap price.

we dilly dally and this is what happens.Every player is waiting for the better offer .Hard to get too upset about a player most had not heard of 3 days ago but we do need a back up to trippier.

we dilly dally and this is what happens.Every player is waiting for the better offer .Hard to get too upset about a player most had not heard of 3 days ago but we do need a back up to trippier.

And another CB, and another attacking player or two

Did we though?

And if every player is waiting for one of the big 4 or 5 to come in for them then it doesn't matter what we do until the last few days.

Did we though?

And if every player is waiting for one of the big 4 or 5 to come in for them then it doesn't matter what we do until the last few days.
Indeed. At the moment this Ersin Akan chap will be informally talking to every club who has qualified for European competition in Germany, England, Spain, Italy, France and Portugal.

Skysports have jumped on this now, must be a slow news day. We're apparently interested in him, yet haven't made any contact with Hoffenheim, nor submitted a bid.

Back