• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

I'm not disagreeing with that assessment, but the eternal optimist in me hopes that the rumours of real change in how Spurs handle transfers might be true. I'm hoping Levy will surprise us this time round and throw his full weight behind a united front of Pochettino and Mitchell.

I do have one question though... a few comments ago you say (and have said several times) that "January is where desperate clubs pay far too much for crap players". And then you say that it'll be really difficult for us to get rid of "the likes of Ade, Capoue, Kaboul, Paulinho, Chiriches, Dembele, BAE etc". It's not a complete contradiction... but there's certainly an inconsistency there.

It's a good point. But I think the difference is we want our not-good-enough players to drop down a level - take a wage cut and go to a less prestigious club/league.

Whereas the 'too much for crap players' are generally players excelling in a small pond, but who would be moving up a level - Murphy, Rasiack, Pienaar were some such January signings from the past. Andy Carroll was the ultimate one of these, but I fear a Benteke or Bony (both of whom would also cost £30m) would others.

It's a good point. But I think the difference is we want our not-good-enough players to drop down a level - take a wage cut and go to a less prestigious club/league.

Whereas the 'too much for crap players' are generally players excelling in a small pond, but who would be moving up a level - Murphy, Rasiack, Pienaar were some such January signings from the past. Andy Carroll was the ultimate one of these, but I fear a Benteke or Bony (both of whom would also cost £30m) would others.

To be fair, though, you can hardly throw Pienaar into the same hat as Rasiak.

Rasiak was a panic buy when we were short on cover.

Pienaar, Holtby, Tainio and the likes were opportunities, we take a punt on a player whose contract is either expired or run-down, with the knowledge we can easily make a profit on them. It's strange that you point out Murphy and Pienaar as examples of paying too much for crap players, given that we bought both cheaply and sold them on for a profit? In Pienaar's case we flogged him back to Everton for more than we paid for him didn't we? Or at least for no loss.

Emirates Marketing Project are considering a move for Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez despite closing in on a £28million deal for Wilfried Bony.

City are wary of interest from Liverpool and Tottenham – who are both monitoring Rodriguez closely – and are keen to beat them to his signature.

Rodriguez has a significant new contract offer on the table from Southampton, who are urging him to extend his stay on the south coast.

Southampton are adamant they will not sell Rodriguez, but an offer over £20million will tempt them into letting him talk to another club.

The 25-year-old has no intention of making a decision on agreeing to those terms with the club until he is back fit and playing again.

Rodriguez has been out since April after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in a Premier League match against City.

The injury wrecked his chances of going to the World Cup with England, which he looked certain to after earning his first call-up to the national team that season and being on a run of scoring five goals in four games before the devastating blow.

Last season, he netted 17 times in 40 games in all competitions and was in the best form of his Southampton career since his £6m move from Burnley in 2012.

City have already agreed a transfer fee with Swansea for Bony – starting at £25million but which could rise to £28m with add-ons – and terms with the player who is set to earn £100,000 per week on a four-year contract.

But they will not let that stop them beating their rivals to one of the most coveted English forwards in the Premier League.

Rodriguez is close to a return to football and is set to play in some Under 21 games for Southampton ahead of returning to the first team.

Southampton hoped he would be back playing last month but there was a slight delay on his recovery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2907967/Manchester-City-consider-bid-Jay-Rodriguez-amid-Southampton-star-Liverpool-Tottenham.html

Replacing Scott Sinclair as one of their token homegrown players that never get a game?

Emirates Marketing Project are considering a move for Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez despite closing in on a £28million deal for Wilfried Bony.

City are wary of interest from Liverpool and Tottenham – who are both monitoring Rodriguez closely – and are keen to beat them to his signature.

Rodriguez has a significant new contract offer on the table from Southampton, who are urging him to extend his stay on the south coast.

Southampton are adamant they will not sell Rodriguez, but an offer over £20million will tempt them into letting him talk to another club.

The 25-year-old has no intention of making a decision on agreeing to those terms with the club until he is back fit and playing again.

Rodriguez has been out since April after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in a Premier League match against City.

The injury wrecked his chances of going to the World Cup with England, which he looked certain to after earning his first call-up to the national team that season and being on a run of scoring five goals in four games before the devastating blow.

Last season, he netted 17 times in 40 games in all competitions and was in the best form of his Southampton career since his £6m move from Burnley in 2012.

City have already agreed a transfer fee with Swansea for Bony – starting at £25million but which could rise to £28m with add-ons – and terms with the player who is set to earn £100,000 per week on a four-year contract.

But they will not let that stop them beating their rivals to one of the most coveted English forwards in the Premier League.

Rodriguez is close to a return to football and is set to play in some Under 21 games for Southampton ahead of returning to the first team.

Southampton hoped he would be back playing last month but there was a slight delay on his recovery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2907967/Manchester-City-consider-bid-Jay-Rodriguez-amid-Southampton-star-Liverpool-Tottenham.html

Replacing Scott Sinclair as one of their token homegrown players that never get a game?

This is key.

I wonder if we'll go in for him on deadline day, once he's had a run-out.

Because of his contract situation, I think £15m would probably do it.

Rodwell and Sinclair weren't exactly cheap though and they still grabbed them. Personally I don't think he would go there but you never know

Absolutely ****ing laughable

makes a bit of sense, home grown, comparatively low wages, comparatively cheap

our best angle might be waiting for him to resign with SCBC, wait for them to realise they are massively over paying and "do them a favour" by getting him off the wage bill

makes a bit of sense, home grown, comparatively low wages, comparatively cheap

our best angle might be waiting for him to resign with SCBC, wait for them to realise they are massively over paying and "do them a favour" by getting him off the wage bill

Makes sense for us or for City? 8-[

first paragraph city

second paragraph us, assuming city don't buy him

I wonder if this story has come from his agent now he's nearly fit again and fancying a rise to match the likes of lovren, shaw and lallana

City can bid 100m.. Won't mean $hit if he looks at previous home grown talent that has gone there to make up the numbers and ride the pine and thinks.. I want to play, I've just sat on my ar$e for a year recovering from injury.

Poch is the joker in the pack IMO.. Should make us heavy favourites should his desire be to leave Southampton.

Has he not only had 1 good season in the prem? £20m for another possible Southampton flop? no thanks.

Was Burnley's top scorer for two seasons running before moving to Southampton. Been on a constant upward curve, no regression to mean yet.

They won't be in for him. He's not high profile enough to be a proper player for them, and is too expensive (re FFP) to be a token homegrown one.

Also, aren't City limited to a certain level of net spending by FFP?
And after buying Bony I'm sure they couldn't afford too much more unless someone departs for a fair whack.

Also, aren't City limited to a certain level of net spending by FFP?
And after buying Bony I'm sure they couldn't afford too much more unless someone departs for a fair whack.
We are not talking massive fees for the players that they are bringing in and I am sure that we will sell some players to cover the fees.

We are not talking massive fees for the players that they are bringing in and I am sure that we will sell some players to cover the fees.

We?
I thought I saw somewhere that Emirates Marketing Project had a limit of £40 or £45 million that they could spend (net)
After the Bony outlay they surely don't have much room to play with

this guy is garbage. had a serious injury for ages and people want us to drop £15-20m on him. u lot are crazy

this guy is garbage. had a serious injury for ages and people want us to drop £15-20m on him. u lot are crazy

He was probably the best English forward before his injury (ahead of Sturridge, Welbeck, Rooney etc.)

He's been out for an expected time for his injury (ACLs are always 6-9 months). And most players these days make full recoveries from them.

He'd be a £30m player if it wasn't for his short contract and injury, so £10-15m would be a bargain.

Back