• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Tottenham will launch a bid for Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez in the coming weeks.

Although the England international is recovering from surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the White Hart Lane club are convinced he will be back in action before the end of the year.

Southampton have already fielded bids of £25million from Manchester United for Luke Shaw and £20m from Liverpool for Adam Lallana and are now braced for Tottenham's opening gambit for Rodriguez.

The 24-year-old was in excellent form for Southampton prior to his injury scoring 17 goals and was pushing for inclusion in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad.

Tottenham, who could yet appoint Southampton coach Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager, want more homegrown players to blend with the large influx of foreign players they invested heavily in last summer.

Some of those will go with Romanian centre-back Vlad Chiriches, Erik Lamela, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado and the more established Jan Vertonghen all attracting interest - predominantly from Italian clubs.

Rodriguez can play from the left of the attack or behind a main striker and his pace and intelligence gave Southampton a cutting edge that had hem pushing for European contention at one stage of the season.

They face a difficult summer and will be fighting off more bids with Calum Chambers, Morgan Schneiderlin, Victor Wanyama and Dejan Lovren all subject to interest from Premier League rivals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2626238/Spurs-set-bid-Southampton-striker-Jay-Rodriguez-summer-joined-Mauricio-Pochettino-White-Hart-Lane.html

not sure......serious injury is that. Id like to see how he returns before any bid to sign the guy

Although the England international is recovering from surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the White Hart Lane club are convinced he will be back in action before the end of the year.

Given our usual luck with injuries, which clown at the Lane would be convinced of this?

This would be a stupid purchase considering he is injured and these type of injuries often **** you up permanently. I'd stay away from this one.

I'd like him at the club, but ACL injuries can be nasty and I think it could be a little risky to spend the cash without knowing how his return form will be.

Taking his injury and likely high asking price into consideration,
I think and hope we're only after him if Pochettino is the new manager and has asked for him.

Taking his injury and likely high asking price into consideration,
I think and hope we're only after him if Pochettino is the new manager and has asked for him.

Not sure if this would be a good move based on our past record of buying crocked players. Would prefer to see the new manager in place before we start making signings unless of course Pochettino is a done deal which i hope it isnt as im not that keen on him.

I think i'd like to see a front three of Lamela, Ade and Eriksen start next season. Perhaps if Ade moves on with his high wages then i could maybe see Rodriguez come in

if they have rejected £25m for shaw and £20m for lallana, they probably want something silly for rodriguez too. levy will probably want to offer something silly too, but from the other end. so can't see this one happening.

if they have rejected £25m for shaw and £20m for lallana, they probably want something silly for rodriguez too. levy will probably want to offer something silly too, but from the other end. so can't see this one happening.

As soon as one player leaves the next one will require an even higher bid. It's not like they have to sell.

As soon as one player leaves the next one will require an even higher bid. It's not like they have to sell.

they have some kind of 70 mill debt hanging over them that needs to be dealt with

It sounds to me from what I've heard through a trusted source we were genuinely interested in Shaw and Lallana (aswell as Poch) this Summer but were told Shaw will either stay put or, if Southampton sanction it then move to Chelski or Man United. Lallana also has interest from United (aswell as us, who registered interest back in January) but has told the club he wants to join Liverpool.

Sounds like Lallana to Liverpool could be wrapped up by next week, but Shaw to United is 50/50 and Southampton may wait on Chelsea bidding (initiating a bidding war).

We have now turned to Rodriguez. Cant say I'd be overly happy if he was to join given his injury and stuff and nor do i see it going through, but if Poch comes then it could well do.

Ward prowse for me if we go for anyone at saints after weighing up the pro cons and realistic targets

It sounds to me from what I've heard through a trusted source we were genuinely interested in Shaw and Lallana (aswell as Poch) this Summer but were told Shaw will either stay put or, if Southampton sanction it then move to Chelski or Man United. Lallana also has interest from United (aswell as us, who registered interest back in January) but has told the club he wants to join Liverpool.

Sounds like Lallana to Liverpool could be wrapped up by next week, but Shaw to United is 50/50 and Southampton may wait on Chelsea bidding (initiating a bidding war).

We have now turned to Rodriguez. Cant say I'd be overly happy if he was to join given his injury and stuff and nor do i see it going through, but if Poch comes then it could well do.

leftovers. thats what you get for not getting champions league. glad that winner of europa gets CL now.

leftovers. thats what you get for not getting champions league. glad that winner of europa gets CL now.

You also get players who can progress but are not there yet. Rodriguez has come on leaps and bounds at Southampton, but obviously the injury is a major issue.

Of course it might just be paper rubbish based on the Poch link to Spurs.

There's no way you can spend that sort of money on a player who hasn't recovered fully from a major injury, same with Benteke. Both good players but you have to see how they are when they return.

Jay is a left winger who can player in the hole and up front in a 2. Apparently his preferred position is as a left winger. If Eriksen plays centrally next year then there is an area we could improve. His injury is the big concern.

Back