• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

lets hope he keeps him in and around the first team now. If Tanganga was a new signing that would not be an issue, but he is a young player. And I still fear how Jose uses young players. Tanganga has shown for one that he is more than up for the physical side of the Premier league. he has pace. He will make some positional mistake no doubt, but he had a hard task today. he not only had to follow Mane out when he went deep but also had to drop back in to keep shape. So he was constantly going out and back in. I thought he did an amazing Job. Nice to have some determination in the back line to tackle and not just drop back.

He needs to stay in the team.

Maybe he wanted time in training before introducing him

Good point..I do believe we've had one just the one free week during Jose's time as our coach, prior to Wolves maybe so fair enough..

There were however, also the away CL match in Munich where Jose could've played him...

Just would've liked to have seen him prior to today, even if it were for only a few minutes here and there in a couple of PL games..

Just would've liked to have seen him prior to today, even if it were for only a few minutes here and there in a couple of PL games..

Whilst I agree with this. I think a defender needs to start a game to get the feel of it properly. Not just come in at the last 10 or 20 for cover. The Boro game was the game to start him. But no matter, he has come in
against the hardest opponents and opponent he could have and done well. It will give people the confidence he can start more games now.

Whilst I agree with this. I think a defender needs to start a game to get the feel of it properly. Not just come in at the last 10 or 20 for cover. The Boro game was the game to start him. But no matter, he has come in
against the hardest opponents and opponent he could have and done well. It will give people the confidence he can start more games now.

Generally with defenders that's correct, you don't really want to be subbing defenders unless for an injury...

Could've played him away to Boro and at Bayern Munich..Was a big ask today for the young man but he came through it with his head held high..

As has been said, didn't look out of place at all and nice to have a bit of a unit in defence. Could've done with him against Traore. Definitely a highlight of today.

Don’t think it’s naive, it’s just not passive
He steps up and goes to the man
Someone mentioned Michael Owens comments during the game and they sounded spot on

maybe naive was the wrong word. What I mean was something along the lines of fearlessness that has not been subtracted from his game by bad experiences or age. Either way! it was good to see.

OK very comfortable if we don't renew vert's contract. One senior defender is enough.

I think he is going to be a great player for us. Watched his interview and read his tweets, he's mature beyond his age, very level and humble. U

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yes between Sanchez, Toby, Foyth and Tangana there seems to be a decent blend of youth and experience and obviously potential quality. If Jan is willing to stay on as a squad option then all the better, but his time as a guaranteed starter should be over.

I forgot to give Tangana all the praise he deserved, he never looked overawed in there. Did his job diligently when faced up against some of the best attackers in the game right now. Very very pleased with him and I hope to see more of him regularly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back