• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

even so, given the impact that he has made, and the additional attention he likely has from other potential suitors...what have we been doing?! He needs a new contract soon! Five year contract...has to be.
The club know what their doing
We haven’t lost anyone that we wanted to keep that I’m aware of other than Eriksen who run down a long term contract

The club know what their doing
We haven’t lost anyone that we wanted to keep that I’m aware of other than Eriksen who run down a long term contract

We've lost quite a few youth players recently which I assume is the source of the concern.

Tanganga is a bit different though because he's already clearly in the first team now.

even so, given the impact that he has made, and the additional attention he likely has from other potential suitors...what have we been doing?! He needs a new contract soon! Five year contract...has to be.
I would imagine we have been furiously negotiating a new contract with his agent. The agent will be pushing for something big without clauses due to the player's recent exposure and we'll be looking for something that has stepped increases that are triggered with certain games. The player's value has risen by at least 10 times in the last month or so, therefore the negotiation will take a little time. My expectation is that something will be signed in the next month or so.

Jeez guys, he's literally only just gone into the first team! Give Levy and the team a chance, I'm sure he'll be getting a bumper new contract soon enough.
The youth team players that we have lost we haven't been offering big contracts to (our policy is not to do so). This is different as the player is being offered a decent first team salary.

The youth team players that we have lost we haven't been offering big contracts to (our policy is not to do so). This is different as the player is being offered a decent first team salary.

I'm not saying its the same. I'm saying its probably the cause for a lot of the concern from our fans.

But that Tanganga has been in the first team for all of about 5 minutes and I'm sure negotiations will be ongoing/ will start soon. I feel confident that he'll sign on.

We've lost quite a few youth players recently which I assume is the source of the concern.

Tanganga is a bit different though because he's already clearly in the first team now.
And NONE of those youth players have been pulling up trees elsewhere are they?

And NONE of those youth players have been pulling up trees elsewhere are they?

Not as far as I'm aware, though I can't pretend that I've particularly followed their careers very much since they've left.

Edit: I also wonder if Poch's policy regarding loans, as much as I loved the man, helped contribute to some of them leaving.

If you're not on loan playing, no real prospect of it and also see your routre to the first team shut, what other options are there?

Not as far as I'm aware, though I can't pretend that I've particularly followed their careers very much since they've left.

Edit: I also wonder if Poch's policy regarding loans, as much as I loved the man, helped contribute to some of them leaving.

If you're not on loan playing, no real prospect of it and also see your routre to the first team shut, what other options are there?
I think that may have been a HUGE factor

Most have left for first team opportunities too don’t forget

Indeed, i think a lot of fans worry about youth team players leaving because we all love " one of our own". However the truth is the higher any club progresses the harder it becomes for youth players to come out of the youth set up and establish themselves in the first team squad.

Nothing new in that really as it happens at most clubs, but its obviously gets harder for young players the higher standards the first team rises to.

That was lovely to see from Tanganga. Upamecano was smashing into people all game, accidentally blocking them off and running right through them. Dirty bugger deserved a smashing.

Tanga continues to impress; every game is a new position, high profile games. He ain't perfect, but he's started well and will hopefully go on to have a great career with us.

That was lovely to see from Tanganga. Upamecano was smashing into people all game, accidentally blocking them off and running right through them. Dirty bugger deserved a smashing.

Tanga continues to impress; every game is a new position, high profile games. He ain't perfect, but he's started well and will hopefully go on to have a great career with us.

That upamecano looked bloody good though, and such a Jose type of player.

It was a much harder smashing than Sanchez’s on the Burnley player at the weekend, but Tanganga got the timing of his spot on.
He’s got a few mistakes in him for sure, not surprising given his lack of experience and being flip-flopped across different positions, but he’s looking good.

Nah, not unless he moves Dier to DM, or we think it's too good an opportunity to let go.
If we had the option obviously.
Moving Dier to DM doesn't solve the problem, it just changes the player not good enough to play there.

I still think that just adding a proper, top class DM to this team would make it instantly far better. We constantly have a big gap between our centre halves and nearest midfielder, it makes it almost impossible to defend. A proper DM would also help cover our full backs.

It would be great to also add full backs, a centre half, a keeper and a back up striker, but above all we need a strong, physical, mobile midfielder who is defensive minded and has good positional sense.

But is he a priority for £50m over FBs or a DM if he wants one?
There is an argument for buying the best player possible when they are available, rather than the best available in the position you require. Anyway, we need a new bloody team, so every position is a priority!

Back