• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Tanganga is only this month's Winks or whoever. Very early days and playing on the left was just silly yesterday.
JM will be playing him on the right either at centre half or down the flank hopefully.

He's shown more attacking instincts than Winks already. I like it that Mourinho has him playing several roles... Can only be great for his development and he hasn't done too badly too. Hope to see him as a DM for a while as I suspect he will be great there too.
Tanganga is only this month's Winks or whoever. Very early days and playing on the left was just silly yesterday.
JM will be playing him on the right either at centre half or down the flank hopefully.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He should be played centre back. I’m holding faith with Aurier after his recent performances. Plus Tanganga is a centre back primarily, so best to play him in his best position.

I wonder if Southgate had an eye on him yesterday? I would not be surprised if he was a late surprise personally...

Seems to me that in making him MotM for his performance on Saturday some fans are being indulgent more than somewhat.

Don't get me wrong I too have been hugely impressed by his all round composure and comfort on the ball, he looks full of promise. And it was a very tough ask by Mourinho to play him in yet a third position in his first three PL starts.

But the harsh reality is Sarr gave him something of the runaround at times on Saturday, getting past him time and again to put dangerous crosses over.

Yes he has looked very promising overall and has already put one or two of the senior players in the shade but we need to be careful not to get carried away.

I think overall the choice to play him at left back was a good one. He struggled at times, but so would our other options have done I think. Gave us another tall and strong player in the team too.

Impressive so far. Will be good to see more of him going forward.

Seems to me that in making him MotM for his performance on Saturday some fans are being indulgent more than somewhat.

Don't get me wrong I too have been hugely impressed by his all round composure and comfort on the ball, he looks full of promise. And it was a very tough ask by Mourinho to play him in yet a third position in his first three PL starts.

But the harsh reality is Sarr gave him something of the runaround at times on Saturday, getting past him time and again to put dangerous crosses over.

Yes he has looked very promising overall and has already put one or two of the senior players in the shade but we need to be careful not to get carried away.
He did better than Rose would have done. Also unfortunate with the refereeing calls.

In fairness I thought Aurier was likely out MOTM, and agree Tanganga did not have it all his own way. But we kept a clean sheet that he was a big part of, plus all the other extras mentioned.

I agree it is good not to over-weight expectations, but sometimes a younger player shows something which says they can handle them. To my eye at least, he appears so poised and calm that I think he can handle the expectations and exceed them. I won’t mention the “L” word but I will mention the initials “SC”...I saw his debut (albeit he did not come on as a defender!) but there is a similar air between that player’s early appearances in defence and Tanganga. We shall see; let’s hope if he becomes that talented he does not become increasingly aloof like SC.

Back