• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Wish List and Predicitions

Buying a striker to rival Kane would be like buying Courtois or de Gea to understudy Lloris. CF and GK are the two positions where you need an absolute clear #1 and then a back-up

Well no it wouldn't be like that at all really because no one is talking about signing Aguero or Costa, they're talking about a young striker yet to prove himself at a level higher than the second tier of English football - it's a textbook target for us and fits perfectly in to our transfer policy (hence why we were bidding for him in the summer)

However, it's unlikely we'll pursue it unless we look to sell Janssen in the summer which I find unlikely

Last edited:
Well no it wouldn't be like that at all really because no one is talking about signing Aguero or Costa, they're talking about a young striker yet to prove himself at a level higher than the second tier of English football - it's a textbook target for us and fits perfectly in to our transfer policy (hence why we were bidding for him in the summer)

However, it's unlikely we'll pursue it unless we look to sell Janssen in the summer which I find unlikely
No I don't think it is likely either but if Poch decides that Janssen's progress is not what it should be then I would not be surprised to see him ruthlessly culled from the squad. He's has form for this as we have seen, even with his own purchases.

No I don't think it is likely either but if Poch decides that Janssen's progress is not what it should be then I would not be surprised to see him ruthlessly culled from the squad. He's has form for this as we have seen, even with his own purchases.

id agree it's a possibility and that Pochettino doesn't seem to waste time on players if he doesn't rate them, i suppose its a wait and see on that.

Looks like no ins, and only Carroll out.

i think it may be similar in the summer too and that activity will depend on how Pochettino sees the future of Lamela Sissoko Janssen and N'koudou, maybe Son too if he is looking to be a starter somewhere rather than a squad player here.

Ousmane Dembele...cheeky bid? ;)

Dembele.jpg

I think Spurs should move for Kelechi Iheanacho. Pep is doing his best to ruin him.

Preaching to the choir, on this one. I believe that the team is so strong but don't think it can be argued that we generally lack threat if Dele and Kane aren't on the pitch/fully 100%. I think it's worth at least trying for a Iheanacho or a Hernandez type signing to bolster the front line and most importantly for the key games/moments in the remaining season, weigh in with end product. Perhaps of course attempts have been made but wouldn't be made public as such. I am not by any means saying we are instantly doomed if Harry sprains his gonad or Alli knocks Wheelchair out, but realistically, unless we're lucky with injuries/suspensions; whether or not their replacements play well when called upon could be the difference as to whether we achieve something or not.

The depth in all other areas of the pitch is there after the time we've had to shape the squad. I do not mean this in a kneejerk toys out of the pram whine because it looks like it's going in the right direction most of the time but..... for where we theoretically are, for the club it will be disappointing if we don't win a trophy soon. The wealth of young talent and new stadium approaching are excellent signs, but finishing third then not turning up in the group stages of CL following season sadly isn't a grandson on the knee type story. In terms of the new signings I don't want to be dismissive of Sissoko as I do like him but if we spend that sort of money on the right wing, why wouldn't we do the same for up front? And I'm not saying Janssen can't come good but to me there is an evident risk in sticking as is.

It is and always has been very unlikely we'd sign someone this window, maybe for better as obviously every single club is looking to strengthen, so the market is unapproachable. Hopefully there has been keen thought to the game-plan for when games come thick and fast and it gets difficult. Fingers crossed. I am hyped about the the rest of season, only the pipe dream of a 30 year old reincarnation of Eider or maybe a car window interview with Poch resulting in a 10m swoop for Defoe to come and smash it alongside the genuine quality we have now would improve the current situation for me.....

Preaching to the choir, on this one. I believe that the team is so strong but don't think it can be argued that we generally lack threat if Dele and Kane aren't on the pitch/fully 100%. I think it's worth at least trying for a Iheanacho or a Hernandez type signing to bolster the front line and most importantly for the key games/moments in the remaining season, weigh in with end product. Perhaps of course attempts have been made but wouldn't be made public as such. I am not by any means saying we are instantly doomed if Harry sprains his gonad or Alli knocks Wheelchair out, but realistically, unless we're lucky with injuries/suspensions; whether or not their replacements play well when called upon could be the difference as to whether we achieve something or not.

The depth in all other areas of the pitch is there after the time we've had to shape the squad. I do not mean this in a kneejerk toys out of the pram whine because it looks like it's going in the right direction most of the time but..... for where we theoretically are, for the club it will be disappointing if we don't win a trophy soon. The wealth of young talent and new stadium approaching are excellent signs, but finishing third then not turning up in the group stages of CL following season sadly isn't a grandson on the knee type story. In terms of the new signings I don't want to be dismissive of Sissoko as I do like him but if we spend that sort of money on the right wing, why wouldn't we do the same for up front? And I'm not saying Janssen can't come good but to me there is an evident risk in sticking as is.

It is and always has been very unlikely we'd sign someone this window, maybe for better as obviously every single club is looking to strengthen, so the market is unapproachable. Hopefully there has been keen thought to the game-plan for when games come thick and fast and it gets difficult. Fingers crossed. I am hyped about the the rest of season, only the pipe dream of a 30 year old reincarnation of Eider or maybe a car window interview with Poch resulting in a 10m swoop for Defoe to come and smash it alongside the genuine quality we have now would improve the current situation for me.....

I fully agree with the assessment of the forward situation. Makes me wonder whether Batshuayi didn't happen more from the players end and feeling he wouldn't get game time and therefore wasn't being paid enough to be an alternative option which is why he went Chelsea as opposed to the club pulling out over pay demands.

I like Janssen and I think he, like Sissoko, will have benefited from a year with us where hopefully, they won't have been relied upon too heavily. Having said all that, I think it is the one area we fully need to concentrate on in the summer and bring someone in of real, recognised quality. I really don't think we need anything else other than maybe a CB so we can play 3 at the back with depth in reserve. Personally, I would go all out for Lacazette in the summer for some extra pace and dynamism. I think he is the sort of signing we can achieve and at the same time get people really excited about our direction and pulling power despite the stadium build.

I fully agree with the assessment of the forward situation. Makes me wonder whether Batshuayi didn't happen more from the players end and feeling he wouldn't get game time and therefore wasn't being paid enough to be an alternative option which is why he went Chelsea as opposed to the club pulling out over pay demands.

I like Janssen and I think he, like Sissoko, will have benefited from a year with us where hopefully, they won't have been relied upon too heavily. Having said all that, I think it is the one area we fully need to concentrate on in the summer and bring someone in of real, recognised quality. I really don't think we need anything else other than maybe a CB so we can play 3 at the back with depth in reserve. Personally, I would go all out for Lacazette in the summer for some extra pace and dynamism. I think he is the sort of signing we can achieve and at the same time get people really excited about our direction and pulling power despite the stadium build.
Janssen has played 631 PL minutes to Batshuayi's 143.

Janssen has played 631 PL minutes to Batshuayi's 143.

But would Janssen have played anywhere near that amount had Kane been injured? That's my point on why perhaps Batshuayi wouldn't come but was happy to go to Chelsea because they were going to pay him alot more than us which recompensed him for the limited game time he was going to get. A few people moaned at the club for not doing the deal but looking at it more it would appear that the player was only happy to play second fiddle if he received a substantially higher weekly wage.

But would Janssen have played anywhere near that amount had Kane been injured? That's my point on why perhaps Batshuayi wouldn't come but was happy to go to Chelsea because they were going to pay him alot more than us which recompensed him for the limited game time he was going to get. A few people moaned at the club for not doing the deal but looking at it more it would appear that the player was only happy to play second fiddle if he received a substantially higher weekly wage.

Don't forget Costa was not in favour last season so he may have thought it's a genuine chance to get real starts

Back