• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Wish List and Predicitions

Genuine cover for Kane who could hit the ground running. That could possibly be berahino although it sounds like he would need to go on a Poch intensive fitness programme. Also another creative midfielder. Sell bentaleb and Carroll

Agreed. These are the two players we don't yet have adequate replacements for.

statistically, "genuine cover for Kane" is a pretty short list, to guarantee it we'd probably have to sign The Zlatan or Lewandovski

I still have faith that Janssen will prove a good understudy/foil for Kane; there - i said it

I think he might be in the future, but if Kane is out again for a long period this season ( heaven forbid!) would you be happy for VJ to be his replacement this season?

I think he might be in the future, but if Kane is out again for a long period this season ( heaven forbid!) would you be happy for VJ to be his replacement this season?

it might be a situation like that which makes the difference for the future

Will we add someone in this window?

My guess was someone like Berahino for a cut-price fee, but that option's gone now. So no, I don't think so. I'm still interested in the prospect of signing Sessegnon from Fulham and loaning him straight back, but I dunno if we can actually do that given that he isn't even 17 yet (and won't be until May).

£30m for a back-up?

Yes because we must move forward, if Kane was to leave how much would we have to pay to replace him £50m upwards. We are a better team this year (get ready for deluge of negative replies) and we need to keep improving, if you don't you only go one way.

Yes because we must move forward, if Kane was to leave how much would we have to pay to replace him £50m upwards. We are a better team this year (get ready for deluge of negative replies) and we need to keep improving, if you don't you only go one way.

Would could have had him a year ago for £6m though, but obviously did our research and decided Janssen would be a better bet for that role.

I think part of that was mentality - that Dembele would perhaps need to be a #1 (the issue we never resolved with Defoe being down the pecking order), whereas Janssen maybe has more of a Vorm mentality of being able to come straight in after a period of minimal involvement?

Would could have had him a year ago for £6m though, but obviously did our research and decided Janssen would be a better bet for that role.

I think part of that was mentality - that Dembele would perhaps need to be a #1 (the issue we never resolved with Defoe being down the pecking order), whereas Janssen maybe has more of a Vorm mentality of being able to come straight in after a period of minimal involvement?

We spent 18m on Janssen 30m on Sissoko and 25m(?) on Son - all of which are squad players so 30m on Dembele wouldn't be much of a stretch, though I'd only imagine a big money CF coming in should we decide to call it a day with Janssen

Buying a striker to rival Kane would be like buying Courtois or de Gea to understudy Lloris. CF and GK are the two positions where you need an absolute clear #1 and then a back-up

Back