• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Wonder how he'll react to being asked to play left back when BAE is at the african cup of nation's in January.

Wonder how he'll react to being asked to play left back when BAE is at the african cup of nation's in January.

Quite well I would guess seeing as he's used it from his national side and that he's very good on the ball, has a good left foot and is fairly quick.

Although we also have Bale and Naughton who could play there and we might be getting that young Fryars kid so far from a certain that he will be asked to.

If he's a Spurs fan does this mean that we'll see him want to stay rather than citing that he no longer wants to wear the chicken badge after three years at the club?

[video=youtube;RQjAd2d7mLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQjAd2d7mLg[/video]

Some of the goals he score's are incredible for a CB.

The goals on 2:14 and 3:07 are remarkable.

Last edited:
Quite well I would guess seeing as he's used it from his national side and that he's very good on the ball, has a good left foot and is fairly quick.

Although we also have Bale and Naughton who could play there and we might be getting that young Fryars kid so far from a certain that he will be asked to.

My point is more will he want to play there? He seems to have come here because he'll be first choice centre half.

Can't think of a better long term partner for Kaboul - cultured, quick, intelligent and left sided. Awesome.

BAE-Verts-Kaboul-Walker = a top notch back 4 for the next 4-5 years.

Great news. Nice to see us getting deals done early so that we have time to integrate him into the squad for the start of the season.

so er ......... who's seen him play ?

Everyone who saw the England Euros warm up game for starters (though a surprising amount of people still seem to think he is Dutch).

We've been linked with him for a year now too, so I expect lots of people watched the two Ajax games against United over the winter to run an eye over him.

Can't think of a better long term partner for Kaboul - cultured, quick, intelligent and left sided. Awesome.

BAE-Verts-Kaboul-Walker = a top notch back 4 for the next 4-5 years.

Is he especially quick, though? From what I've read, he has decent pace but nothing exceptional. Quicker than Daws, certainly, but nothing like as quick as Ledley (in his pomp) or even Kaboul.

Is he especially quick, though? From what I've read, he has decent pace but nothing exceptional. Quicker than Daws, certainly, but nothing like as quick as Ledley (in his pomp) or even Kaboul.

I think he's quicker than he looks - he just has quite a casual/nonchalant style.

He's not as quick as Kaboul in a straight line, but is more nibble/has better turning/acceleration.

Quick enough for AVB's high line is all that matters.

"Sigurdsson and Vertonghen have cost Spurs just £6.5 million net after the departures of Kranjcar and Corluka".

"Sigurdsson and Vertonghen have cost Spurs just £6.5 million net after the departures of Kranjcar and Corluka".

Only £3m net, surely?

Combined incoming of £12 million for Crunchie and Charlie.

Combined outgoing of £15 million for Sigurdsson and Vertonghen.

Back