• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Going enjoy tomorrow at work. A few United reckoned he was nailed on for United a few weeks ago, because why else would he not want to sign for them,

Love it, absolutely love it

Going enjoy tomorrow at work. A few United reckoned he was nailed on for United a few weeks ago, because why else would he not want to sign for them,

Love it, absolutely love it

I'm fully expecting this to be used by someone:

Football Jokes @FootballFunnys
Vertonghen: "Milan and Arsenal wanted me, I'd rather join them but I wouldn't be a guaranteed starter there so I signed for Spurs."

Jan Vertonghen believes he is ready to face the challenges of the Premier League head on after agreeing to join Tottenham Hotspur.

The centre-half arrives at White Hart Lane having forged quite a reputation during his time at Ajax.

A number of clubs were keen to add his defensive qualities to their ranks, but it is Spurs who have secured his signature.

Vertonghen is delighted to have seen a protracted transfer saga reach a conclusion and is confident he can handle the demands of life in the English top-flight.

"I am very relieved," he told Sky Sports News HD.

"It went on for a long time, but I'm glad I'm a Tottenham player right now and I'm looking forward to playing for the club.

"I am 25 years old now and I feel ready to play in the Premier League. I have heard a lot of good stories from my Belgian team-mates. I think I'm ready."

Fans

Tottenham first made their interest in Vertonghen known during Harry Redknapp's managerial reign, but he has since been replaced by Andre Villas-Boas.

Vertonghen said: "I heard that Harry Redknapp really wanted me to play for Tottenham, but now it's Andre Villas-Boas. To me, that doesn't matter. I just want to play for the club and I hope I can please the fans at the club."

Spurs have already agreed a deal for Hoffenheim playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson this summer and are doing all they can to keep the highly sought-after Luka Modric in north London.

Vertonghen hopes the Croatian can be persuaded to stay, with Tottenham setting their sights on another top-four challenge next season.

He said: "They have a lot of good players and I hope they will stay. I am not one of the directors, but I hope the players will stay and we will have a good team next year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7882596/Vertonghen-ready-for-Prem-test

"I'm very happy that the saga's finally over. I don't have to worry about anything any more, and can focus on other things again," the 25-year-old commented on his transfer.

"It's great that I can start at Spurs during pre-season. That was very important for me. I'm looking forward to a great time. I've heard a lot of beautiful stories about Tottenham."

Tottenam Fried Chicken?

Back