• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

On yesterdays performance (could have been an off day) but King is starting to deteriorate a bit (hurts and pains me to say it) but we need to start looking for a long term defensive partner for Kaboom. Caulker I hear ya and Dawson (who I rate) but I dont think thats enough for defensive cover.

I imagine Gallas will go as will Bassong. Leaves us with an injury prone defender (King) and Dawson (struggles against pace) and Caulker (inexperienced still) and Kaboom (only real fit n healthy first rate defender)

Jan Vertonghen official

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Ajax for the transfer of Jan Vertonghen, subject to a medical.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Ajax for the transfer of Jan Vertonghen, subject to a medical.

Still not done? WTF?

Welcome Vert!

Beautifully just in time for training to start on monday.

Things are shaping up nicely.

The 2011/12 campaign was the Belgium international's most successful season to date - being named Ajax captain at the start and going on to lead the Dutch side to their second straight league title.
The centre back's impressive performances did not go unnoticed as he was named Eredivisie Player of the Year as well as Ajax's Player of the Year in a season that saw him score 10 times in 37 appearances. In total, Jan made 220 appearances and scored 28 goals for Ajax since making his debut for them in 2006.

Back