• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Really hope we can get him to sign another contract, he is still our best defender ( imo).

He is and perfect left back these days. He can easily transition between attacking left back to centre back, depending upon the phase of play, with consummate ease. His performance at left back last season v Dortmund was one of the stand out performances of recent times for me.

EL1wRfkXUAAsvTc

Fantastic header. Decent game overall up against Traore and getting isolated more often than I thought he should have. Sure Traore got past him quite a few times, but Vertonghen did enough to make sure the crosses were almost always under pressure and little came from them. Though definitely that was also thanks to good marking in the box.

He's not a long term solution at left back, but he's a massive upgrade on Rose.

Fantastic header. Decent game overall up against Traore and getting isolated more often than I thought he should have. Sure Traore got past him quite a few times, but Vertonghen did enough to make sure the crosses were almost always under pressure and little came from them. Though definitely that was also thanks to good marking in the box.

He's not a long term solution at left back, but he's a massive upgrade on Rose.

I thought he did ok as well, Traore is a handful and i hate to think what he would have done if Rose had been there.

Vertonghen said in his post match interview on Spurs TV he had asked if he could come forward for the corner.
IIRC he said that they switched things up, and instead of Sissoko going forwards, he went forwards. Which makes sense because Verts is good in the air and Sissoko is er... better at chasing back.
Though I also saw it said that Wolves pulled everyone back and thus Verts had freedom to go forwards.
MotD also picked out that Traore lumbered back onto the pitch with his sore shoulder, walked directly to the spot where the ball would land, but didn't pick anyone up, he just walked slowly out and left Verts to get the header.

Back