• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

His last contract was less than 2 years ago though, so I'd be pretty confident it was a 3+1 or a 3+2

I'm inclined to agree, because surely if he really was set to expire in 10 months time we'd have heard more about it by now, given Levy's feelings on allowing key players to run down their contracts.

I reckon we'll have a +1 or +2 option on his contract. He renewed fairly recently. We've gone a bit Arsenal with contracts for over 30s.

SO I take it that is just an opinion but there is no evidence to support it. I find it interesting that unlike other situations such as Lamela the option of the extra year was always mentioned in the press, while absolutely nothing has been mentioned about Jan having an extra year. Besides, if he did have a one year option this would be the time to exercise it.

So at the moment the situation is this:

Jan's contract expires next summer
Dembele's contract expires next year
Toby can effectively leave for £25m next summer
Eriksen will have just a year left on his contract next summer if he cannot agree a new contract.

I must say I find the above a little concerning

I agree but its great to see him on our side. :)

Yeah it’s a shame he’ll probably decline over the next couple of years. While I wasn’t one of the “he really doesn’t care, look at his body language so get him out” phalanx, I wouldn’t have been too disappointed if he went around the AVB/Tactics Tim season but he’s been tremendous since. One of the top centre backs I’ve seen in my time supporting the club and we’ve had a few good ones.

Yeah it’s a shame he’ll probably decline over the next couple of years. While I wasn’t one of the “he really doesn’t care, look at his body language so get him out” rude boys, I wouldn’t have been too disappointed if he went around the AVB/Tactics Tim season but he’s been tremendous since. One of the top centre backs I’ve seen in my time supporting the club and we’ve had a few good ones.

He was not happy under AVB for sure but he still played well, as you say he had been tremendous since and i agree he is one of the best along with King and England.

Yeah it’s a shame he’ll probably decline over the next couple of years. While I wasn’t one of the “he really doesn’t care, look at his body language so get him out” rude boys, I wouldn’t have been too disappointed if he went around the AVB/Tactics Tim season but he’s been tremendous since. One of the top centre backs I’ve seen in my time supporting the club and we’ve had a few good ones.
He’s a very elegant centre back and arguably better on the ball than a couple of our centre mids. As his game isn’t built on his physicality I’d like to think he’s got a few years left and I hope it’s with us.

He’s a very elegant centre back and arguably better on the ball than a couple of centre mids. As his game isn’t built on his physicality I’d like to think he’s got a few years left and I hope it’s with us.

Yes he is and that is down to his time as a youth with Ajax, having spent some time at their academy i know they never pigeon hole players into one position during their early years and let them play in various formations.

Back