• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I wonder if Jan Vertonghen's return is enough to convince Poch to return to 3 at the back? Personally I feel he only think it really works with Rose. If walker were out then Trippier you feel could still do a job as a right wing back but Davies not really best suited for that role.

That Sidibe guy at Monaco was very good and would give Rose some serious competition

Obviously needs a backup to him in the summer. Really we need a young version of himself. Pacey Left footed CB who can play the ball and possible provide cover for Rose.
Looked obvious yesterday that if your CB's split then you need one Left footer and one Right, else the left sided is always wide and facing into danger, rather than turning naturally away from goal

I wonder if Jan Vertonghen's return is enough to convince Poch to return to 3 at the back? Personally I feel he only think it really works with Rose. If walker were out then Trippier you feel could still do a job as a right wing back but Davies not really best suited for that role.

That Sidibe guy at Monaco was very good and would give Rose some serious competition

I don't think we're quite able to take first choice Monaco players from them to play an understudy role... Sessegnon from Fulham would be the obvious choice for me and im sure Rose is a player that he'd like to work with and learn from - could be sometyhing which tips the balance in our favor.

i dont think we'll switch back to a back 3 until Rose is fit again - Davies can do a job at LB but im not sure he has the attacking threat needed to play as a LWB

I don't think we're quite able to take first choice Monaco players from them to play an understudy role... Sessegnon from Fulham would be the obvious choice for me and im sure Rose is a player that he'd like to work with and learn from - could be sometyhing which tips the balance in our favor.

i dont think we'll switch back to a back 3 until Rose is fit again - Davies can do a job at LB but im not sure he has the attacking threat needed to play as a LWB
:D yeah I think you're right.
Sessegnon looked decent.

Was a sublime performance

I know he slipped for lukakus goal and that was unfortunate but his attacking play outstanding and his tackles on lukaku several times were exceptional

MotM for me today. I think that this season he has been our best CB. Alderweireld actually looks at times a little unfit and unsure, like maybe it is a hangover from his freak injury? I've always thought that generally Jan isn't necessarily a great defender but is just a great footballer. You can see that he has been schooled in an Ajax manner because he is so comfortable on the ball and is able to play a variety of positions and look at ease. I actually think you could play him behind the forward if you were struggling for options and he wouldn't look out of place.

How to deal with Rose being out - Vertonghen overlaps Davis to attack down the left.

This actually seems like a tactical move - you may well be right. He seems more inclined to bomb down the left side, although I have to point out that he isn't doing it out by the touchline - the two or three times per game that he's done that tend to see him going down the area ahead of the left-hand side of the penalty box. Sort of midway between the middle and the touchline.

Either way, I don't mind him doing it at all - it isn't like he hasn't done it before (even scored off one of those marauding runs at OT back in 2012), and he *definitely* has the technical quality to pull it off with ease.

Back