• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"'its only a game"

Couldn't care less what you think.

Just stroking those crisp notes against my ****......got a riiiight hard on as well!!

Jog on.

but surely you understand the point? That by posting lengthy and patronising father-like put downs about how you dont give a brick about Spurs losing to Arsenal, you are inviting an argument?

I know youre not a thick cu*t.

Nah - end of the season and we finish above them = bragging rights.

Did we get bragging rights last season after the 3-2 win? Did we fudge!

but surely you understand the point? That by posting lengthy and patronising father-like put downs about how you dont give a brick about Spurs losing to Arsenal, you are inviting an argument?

I love an argument though! :)

And i've posted the fact I bet against Spurs many many times.

I'm not ashamed to say ?ú300 softened the blow on Sunday, so shoot me!

Im not sure he did to be honest

Wow - thanks Totman!

And yes - I didn't say that at all and when I replied to Paxton I doubt anyone would think I was being patronising.

In fact - I think it's patronising the inference that if you do get over a loss, even to the scum, quite quickly you obviously don't care and are a lesser fan!

I hurt a lot more after the Emirates Marketing Project game. We deserved something out of that. Whilst it's really hard to lose to those ****s, you gotta admit they were the better team on the day.
Reckon I view it as the opposite to that. I expected to lose to City, but they put in a great performance and should've got something from it, so there's a certain pride in that to soften the defeat. Here we capitulate against the worst scum side in years when for once I expected us to beat them, that they were better than us is the problem with it.

Saying that, it doesn't knock me out for days and days.

In a wierd way the defeat hasn't affected me too badly either. I remember after the Madrid away game I went under for like two weeks, I just felt ill and didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. And it was the same with the Portsmouth semi final and a few others down the years

I think this game hasn't annoyed me a massive amount is that we deserved it, maybe we even deserved more, bricky deflected goal and what in my opinion was a dive (not a debate for this thread), and they missed brick loads of chances. Could have been much worse than 5-2 for sure. As Tommy and Tot says, the City defeat hurt much more.

I haven't posted here for a long time (well a long time for me anyway, which actually is only like two days...oh dear...), so I missed most of the backlash and witchhunt, I just kept myself busy and been active as I think it's when you're not doing anything this stuff gets to you.

On many other occasions if someone were to say it's just a game I'd want to headbutt them, but that phrase did pop in my head whilst watching it, maybe my mind was using that as protection to not let it affect me like it has done at other times.

I can fully understand why it would hit you hard Paxton, as you really were let down when you and your wife put so much effort in to supporting the club, you certainly put me to shame in that regard, and I genuinely hope you've got out of your brick mood and have started seeing the little nuances of life all around you again. I guess the bright side is you won't bump in to too many gooners in Warrington 8) Wheras my uni in Liverpool seems to attracted loads of them like moths to a flame, bastards!

Cheers mate. Still a bit grumpy with people, but getting there and starting to look forward to Sunday now.

And yes, there arent many Arsenal fans in Warrington, 2 that I know of and I wont be bumping into them for a while.
Next Monday morning will be a different kettle of fish though. Sh#tloads of United fans, obviously.

Football results used to hurt and ruin the weekend..however a family tragedy changed all that.

Losing my wife 15 months ago at the young age of 33 means I don't let football get under my skin. I have bigger things to worry about.

I was fuming after the scum game but an hour later I was calm - spending time playing with my young son and thinking about my dear wife put things in perspective. I was fairly relaxed at full-time today.

We won at the Emirates last season a few days after my wife died - she was smiling down that day. I think she is letting the goon's build a false sense of security, 3rd will be ours :)

My plea to you guys, don't let the game get you down.

Football results used to hurt and ruin the weekend..however a family tragedy changed all that.

Losing my wife 15 months ago at the young age of 33 means I don't let football get under my skin. I have bigger things to worry about.

I was fuming after the scum game but an hour later I was calm - spending time playing with my young son and thinking about my dear wife put things in perspective. I was fairly relaxed at full-time today.

We won at the Emirates last season a few days after my wife died - she was smiling down that day. I think she is letting the goon's build a false sense of security, 3rd will be ours :)

Humbling. Thank you.

Can I humbly ask if you would be prepared to blog this post so as it is on our front page? Many, including myself, have just learnt a little more about life despite thinking we understand it's yins, yangs and priorities.

Thank you so much for sharing that mate...

Hi, yes I would be very happy for it to be blogged.

I can remember so many games where I'd be down for an entire week. That just doesn't happen now. I guess there haven't been too many of these games over the past couple of years, but I would have been gutted for a fortnight after these last two games. I just brush it off and think about all the real things on my plate at the moment. Enjoy life, family, friends and football but don't let the latter overtake everything. Besides MCFC are bound to kill the game anyway :)

Great username, great post.

boom.jpg

Have been a GGer for years with the same monicker. Haven't posted for a while though. Anyone remember me trying to help with getting Bobby Convey over here?! Was speaking to his agent etc during the work permit controversy. The good old days.

Back