• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"'its only a game"

I hurt a lot more after the Emirates Marketing Project game. We deserved something out of that. Whilst it's really hard to lose to those ****s, you gotta admit they were the better team on the day.

Good responses that I will listen to and take note of.

This thread has helped me. You hit the tickle my balls with a feather, why let something you have nothing control over affect your life...

Football results used to hurt and ruin the weekend..however a family tragedy changed all that.

Losing my wife 15 months ago at the young age of 33 means I don't let football get under my skin. I have bigger things to worry about.

I was fuming yesterday but an hour after the game I was calm - spending time playing with my young son and thinking about my dear wife put things in perspective.

I hurt a lot more after the Emirates Marketing Project game. We deserved something out of that. Whilst it's really hard to lose to those ****s, you gotta admit they were the better team on the day.

This. If you lose because you are crap and get spanked it doesn't bother me half as much as a last minute pen when we deserved a point at least. As soon as Walcott scored his second, I was numb but no longer angry or fired up. The game had basically finished for me then.

Totally. If we had fought, and lost, Id be proud, but the defeat would be harder to take. (Like City)

This just made me think that we got a deserved hiding.

Agree with a lot of what has already been said. I used to take defeats very hard but I get over them very quickly now. If the players don't give a fudge why should I? Also agree with the other point that if the scum had won with a 93rd min goal it would have been MUCH harder to take.
Que sera sera

At last count, precisely *17 people turned up for the NATIONAL TIDDLYWINKS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN BIRMINGHAM... and 2 of them were the finalists... now THAT'S a game!!

(*STATISTICS NOT STRICTLY ACCURATE, OR INDEED TRUE... BUT THAT'S MY POINT AND I'M MAKING IT UP AS I GO ALONG!)

In a wierd way the defeat hasn't affected me too badly either. I remember after the Madrid away game I went under for like two weeks, I just felt ill and didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. And it was the same with the Portsmouth semi final and a few others down the years

I think this game hasn't annoyed me a massive amount is that we deserved it, maybe we even deserved more, bricky deflected goal and what in my opinion was a dive (not a debate for this thread), and they missed brick loads of chances. Could have been much worse than 5-2 for sure. As Tommy and Tot says, the City defeat hurt much more.

I haven't posted here for a long time (well a long time for me anyway, which actually is only like two days...oh dear...), so I missed most of the backlash and witchhunt, I just kept myself busy and been active as I think it's when you're not doing anything this stuff gets to you.

On many other occasions if someone were to say it's just a game I'd want to headbutt them, but that phrase did pop in my head whilst watching it, maybe my mind was using that as protection to not let it affect me like it has done at other times.

I can fully understand why it would hit you hard Paxton, as you really were let down when you and your wife put so much effort in to supporting the club, you certainly put me to shame in that regard, and I genuinely hope you've got out of your brick mood and have started seeing the little nuances of life all around you again. I guess the bright side is you won't bump in to too many gooners in Warrington 8) Wheras my uni in Liverpool seems to attracted loads of them like moths to a flame, bastards!

Totally. If we had fought, and lost, Id be proud, but the defeat would be harder to take. (Like City)

This just made me think that we got a deserved hiding.

100% agree.......the comedy defending makes it easier to shrug your shoulders.

A loss like Emirates Marketing Project was a right kick in the gonad*s

I am suprised that people aren't as crushed as me.

Football is about bragging rights - of trophies, of style, of glorious wins - and this one was a right bottlejob at a time where the world and his dog thought power had shifted.

For me it was a disaster, in particular the manner of it. Arsenal have a great attack when they come forward in force but this is no excuse for folding like this. In particular our 5 most "flair" players starting Modric, Bale, Niko and the strikers had a right nightmare and didn't give up the least fight to get back in.

Football is about bragging rights - of trophies, of style, of glorious wins - and this one was a right bottlejob at a time where the world and his dog thought power had shifted.

For me it was a disaster, in particular the manner of it. Arsenal have a great attack when they come forward in force but this is no excuse for folding like this. In particular our 5 most "flair" players starting Modric, Bale, Niko and the strikers had a right nightmare and didn't give up the least fight to get back in.

im still annoyed, and get more annoyed when I see comments like 'i won ?ú300 betting on Arsenal'. As a spurs fan, that kind of thing makes me want to vomit.

I wont be happy until we beat them again and restore order.

At the end of the day Danish, you are not wrong, but take comfort in the fact that for the first time, in a long time, this game was THEIR cup final.

Makes it even worse when mates text you messages to the tune of:

'Worst Arsenal team in 15 years demolished Tottenham's best team in 50 years'

What the fcuk is one meant to reply

im still annoyed, and get more annoyed when I see comments like 'i won ?ú300 betting on Arsenal'. As a spurs fan, that kind of thing makes me want to vomit.

I wont be happy until we beat them again and restore order.

Couldn't care less what you think.

Just stroking those crisp notes against my ****......got a riiiight hard on as well!!

Jog on.

Makes it even worse when mates text you messages to the tune of:

'Worst Arsenal team in 15 years demolished Tottenham's best team in 50 years'

What the fcuk is one meant to reply

Delete name and number and never speak to them again.

Just reply - 7 seasons and counting, in Wenger we trust.

Delete name and number and never speak to them again.

Just reply - 7 seasons and counting, in Wenger we trust.

Playing footie with some of them later today. Might do a few crunchers in return.

Qunts would be going off about this win for the next 5 years.

Back