• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"'its only a game"

Howard Webb

Clive Wilson
listen. If you can explain to me WHY its only a game, I may not punch you in the flaps. Have you seen the size of Wembley? Or the size of Toure's wages? You cant even fit Lampards FACE under the Wembley arch its so massive and everywhere all the time. Its only a game WHEN you are playing it with kids and tacos in the park and the score includes blatant handballs and fouls to the extent that it may end in a fight and eye gouging*.

If this game is ever JUST a game, it wont be on TV and it wont matter when we get destroyed by a load of SECOND RATE, HALF PRICE RETARDS with a stupid french taco picking them, and it wont be preceeded by at least 3 MONTHS of antipication and weeks of intense build up. If its only a game, why is Walcott allowed to play? Hasnt he got better things to do, like get a bloke to stick his hand up his arse and play SOOTY?? WELL?? YOU CANT ANSWER BECAUSE ITS ONLY A GAME. Sanga isnt even a real person! Hes like a mirage, so often missing, so often anonymous and yet he can SCORE AGAINST SPURS with the best goal he will ever score, because hes QUALITY. and Song? THE MAN IS A BLIND IDIOT. How can Modric look at himself in the mirror? is it because BALE has that MONOPOLY?

BASTARDS. sell them all and get Ekotto to pick the team, as its only a game and he wasnt exacly able to pass a ball yesterday, its only a game. We cant even offer him social housing for when hes THROWN OFF THE WEST STAND ROOF because SPURS and LEVY ARE NASTY CUSTOMERS NOW. But its only a game.

In summing up, fudge Luis Suarez.

That is all.

Next up, Man Utd.

End transmission.

*may not have happened

=D>

Spot on , Howard!

Anyone pretending not to care about yesterday's result is an emotionless bozo, especially considering the 70-page voyeuristic Arsenal thread on here which gets bumped with some cnuting quotes from Uncle Mike every 20 minutes.

We made made Rosicky look decent for the first time since 2009. That alone can scar for life

=D>

Spot on , Howard!

Anyone pretending not to care about yesterday's result is an emotionless bozo, especially considering the 70-page voyeuristic Arsenal thread on here which gets bumped with some cnuting quotes from Uncle Mike every 20 minutes.

We made made Rosicky look decent for the first time since 2009. That alone can scar for life

Did I hear he hadnt scored for 50 League games. Always against Spurs!

And so much for Arsenal not winning when Mike Dean is referee as well!

I cared for about 20 mins, then my 20 month old daughter gave me a kiss and I didn't give a fudge anymore.

Am I an emotionless bozo?

Bottom line is I am completely in the moment whilst watching the match, and it used to bother me more, and no doubt it hurt for a bit....but it's a game of football.

Shankly was a ****

Surely you must have felt something after we lost?

I think that is the point Howard is putting forward - as opposed to discarding it as only a game, especially considerting how we always many like to re-emphasises how these are our true and biggest rivals, historical relevance.

Nothing hurts me more than losing to Arsenal, personally

Yeah it hurts, for about 20 mins.

Then it goes......if it doesn't I think you need to check yourself.

Contrary to popular belief football isn't about life and death.

I used to get more upset but I have some perspective no I think.

I would take a 20-0 scoreline if we were guaranteed to finish above them.

It's only a game???

Nay, nay and thrice nay. Not for me it not. I'm sorry but I dont travel 400 miles just for a game, its far more serious than that in my eyes
The result of a game defines my mood for the next 4 or 7 days (depending on fixture schedules), I'm probably going to be a grumpy tw#t until next weekend now. Like a few others no doubt.
No, football is more than just a game.

Now Tennis,Cricket, Rugby Union and Golf, they are just a game, although the latter is a waste of a good walk too!

Your opinion.

Obviously a 400 mile trip makes it worse, done it myself many a time.

Get the train next time, a few beers on the way home softens the blow!

I'm honestly not trying to be patronising here, but if you seriously have a dark mood for a week you need help, Prozac maybe?

It's no healthy mate.

Of course if we win I'm happier! It puts a spring in your step, but I refuse to let a game ruin my week.

Defeats like that really hurt me for about an hour or so - they I just get on with life and move on from it. Whereas a good win would cheer me up for the next few days! Football is a massive part of my life, but there's no point dwelling on defeats and beating yourself up about it. Move on, forget it and look forward to the next victory!

Your opinion.

Obviously a 400 mile trip makes it worse, done it myself many a time.

Get the train next time, a few beers on the way home softens the blow!

I'm honestly not trying to be patronising here, but if you seriously have a dark mood for a week you need help, Prozac maybe?

It's no healthy mate.

Of course if we win I'm happier! It puts a spring in your step, but I refuse to let a game ruin my week.

I have been told that to be honest. Especially when I couple it with the fact I lose sleep over it too. Didnt sleep after the City game, although it did mean I was 'zonked' come the Monday night!

I've tried a few different tablets so far but they dont seem to help

Defeats like that really hurt me for about an hour or so - they I just get on with life and move on from it. Whereas a good win would cheer me up for the next few days! Football is a massive part of my life, but there's no point dwelling on defeats and beating yourself up about it. Move on, forget it and look forward to the next victory!

100% this

With Leeds on this. It hurts, and thats that.

I was more annoyed than hurt by the end of the day. And today is just about bravado and defiance.

It IS only a game. Its a massive part of my life, and Id be lost without it. But am I going to smash up a shop cos arsenal spanked us? Actually hit someone? Not speak to my girlfriend, or take it out on her? Act like a big f#cking baby?

No. Perspective goes along way, and Id take defeat to arsenal, every year for the rest of my life in order to keep the things that REALLY matter....like health and loved ones.

Life and Death? Shankley must have really hated his family.

How many here would pass up a promotion, have their bird shag their best mate, pass up a lottery win, to see us finish above arsenal?

Nah, mate. Its only a game.

I cared for about 20 mins, then my 20 month old daughter gave me a kiss and I didn't give a fudge anymore.

Am I an emotionless bozo?

Bottom line is I am completely in the moment whilst watching the match, and it used to bother me more, and no doubt it hurt for a bit....but it's a game of football.

Shankly was a ****
I know what you mean tbh. Before I didn't get it and football was the be all and end all. I used to get depressed for days after we lost and continuously used to run the match through my head thinking "what if this happened" or "what if that happened". Since my dad passed away nearly 9 months ago this season has been totally different. I don't get as happy when we win and I definately don't get as sad when we lose. Yesterday I was sad/angry/depressed for around half an hour then thought to myself is it that big a deal? I mean it matters to me and I hate losing to them but it's done and things could be worse.

That's the spirit!

We neat Utd next week and the scum lose or draw at Anfield and all will be well in the world again!

I used to let defeats get to me, and would become a very dark person for days afterwards. Do not want to go back to that place, so I no longer let it get to me so much. I love Spurs, but very few players in the white shirt yesterday share that feeling so why get angry? Losing yesterday hasn't made me love my club any less, no defeat ever will. Anyway, why let something you have no control over have such an effect on your life? It's not healthy, and trust me I know

The way i get over defeats is to find someone to blame for it like in my everyday life nothing is ever my fault it is always someone elses. Yesterday i blamed redknapp but the more i think about it the more i think it is completely DHSF fault.

Back